Re: Evil Zone (Eretzvaju)

  • mara_papimer
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
      > "Hey, let's replace the peppy poppy japanese opening music with some
      > mindless techno gibberish!".

      You can find Eril's original theme here:
      http://www.angelfire.com/anime/evilzone/

      I did not know that they changed the intro theame. Someone else should
      get the rights and re-release it.
    • Johann Chua
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
        IIRC, the Japanese version's theme song was by Masami Okui. That makes two fighting game entries for the Masami Okui Yuri Theory (Advanced V.G. 2 being the other) that I know of.
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2007
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <puni@...> wrote:

          > I played this one all the time (the JP version), and was rather
          > horified when the western version was released.
          >
          > "Hey, let's replace the peppy poppy japanese opening music with some
          > mindless techno gibberish!".

          This seems to be the default on all to-US adaptations for anime, as
          well. Pokemon has had many opening themes in Japanese, and we are all
          probably familiar with the "Gotta Get "em All!" rap they replaced it
          with.

          One Piece, which has awesome openings and endings, was replaced with
          a turgid techno rap of the title repeated over and over - same for Yu-
          Gi-Oh, without the awesome Japanese music part. :-)

          I have no idea why the American ideal for an opening theme seems to
          be the title words repeated over and over mixed as if by a 8 year old
          DJ wanna be. But that does seem to be the standard.

          I like how Adult Swim on Cartoon Network is leaving in the end
          themes, but they still cut some of the openings for time. I also like
          how the end theme for Yu Yu Hakusho was translated and re-recorded,
          which I thought was a fair middle ground. (I personally prefer to
          listen to pop music in foreign languages so I can pretend I don't
          know how insispid they are. ;-))

          Join Yuri fandom for the only 100% Yuri day of 2007 -
          Yuricon's "Yurisai" event, Sept. 29, 2007
          http://www.yuricon.org/events/07index.html