[semi-OT] Moto Hagio interview by Matt Thorn

  • Johann Chua
    Message 1 of 6 , May 4 5:40 PM
    • shirobara12
      Message 2 of 6 , May 5 1:51 PM
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Johann Chua" <johannconradchua@...>
        wrote:

        > http://matt-thorn.com/shoujo_manga/hagio_interview.htm

        Ve-ery interesting.

        You should post the link in the Yuri ML too. :)

        White Rose
        Message 3 of 6 , May 5 3:56 PM
          >From: "shirobara12" <shirobara12@...>
          >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: [semi-OT] Moto Hagio interview by Matt Thorn
          >Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 20:51:15 -0000
          >
          >--- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Johann Chua" <johannconradchua@...>
          >wrote:
          >
          > > http://matt-thorn.com/shoujo_manga/hagio_interview.htm
          >
          >Ve-ery interesting.

          It is. :-)

          The article ran originally, according to Brigid Alverson (whose MangaBlog I
          read daily,) in "a special shoujo manga issue of The Comics Journal
          (July/August 2005)".

          This is the first time it's been on Matt's site in full.

          Hungry for Yuri? Have some Okazu? http://okazu.blogspot.com

        • Johann Chua
          Message 4 of 6 , May 5 5:16 PM
            Is Matt going to be doing more translations for YM or Yuricon?
            Message 5 of 6 , May 5 5:31 PM
              >From: "Johann Chua" <johannconradchua@...>
              >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: [semi-OT] Moto Hagio interview by Matt Thorn
              >Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 08:16:39 +0800
              >
              >Is Matt going to be doing more translations for YM or Yuricon?

              Not for YM5, he's been crazy busy. But if we pick up a story from one of his
              students again - and there is a fair chance of that in the future - I expect
              so.

              He's not going to be able to make it to YC07 with so much on his plate. Sad
              for us, but he's got so much going on at his University, and with his
              students, which is great for him. Matt's an awesome guy - we definitely look
              forward to working with him again in the future. :-)

              Watch free concerts with Pink, Rod Stewart, Oasis and more. Visit MSN In
              Concert today. http://music.msn.com/presents?icid=ncmsnpresentstagline
            • Erin Subramanian
              Message 6 of 6 , May 6 4:43 AM
                Erica Friedman wrote:

                >The article ran originally, according to Brigid Alverson (whose MangaBlog I
                >read daily,) in "a special shoujo manga issue of The Comics Journal
                >(July/August 2005)".

                I have this issue, and it contains a WONDERFUL one-shot by Hagio Moto as
                well, called "Hanshin." Highly recommended (not yuri, though).

                Erin