Shoujoai ni Bokuen, Issue 88

    Message 1 of 29 , Dec 28, 2001
      Shoujoai ni Bokuen: The Adventures of Yuriko

      The Story So Far: Yuriko has worn herself out signing autographs in a good
      cause, and she has, it seems, finally solved the mystery of the bento box
      lunches. The solution is both surprising and a little disturbing.

      Volume 5, Issue 14

      "Wind of the Gods"

      The view was certainly impressive. Midori and Yuriko leaned on the double
      railing that surrounded the roof, watching as the sun slowly made its way
      towards the horizon. On the other side of the school, a pale moon wended its
      way upwards on its nightly journey. The wind was cold, but the sun warmed
      their faces.

      "I never guessed. That's what really surprised me. I just never even thought
      it could have been her..." Yuriko said distractedly.

      Midori put one hand over Yuriko's. "You can't think of everything. And from
      what you told me, there really wasn't any way for you to know."

      Yuriko shook her head. "I know, but I still feel like a fool - all that time
      I was running scared of her, thinking that she hated me, when really...that
      poor girl. What she's been thinking about me..."

      Midori sighed, closing her eyes and lifting her face to the sun. "High
      school really is simply awful, isn't it? Feelings you can't define,
      responsibilities that are imposed upon you for reasons that make no sense -
      when all you want to do is be young and have fun."

      "Dammit," was all Yuriko had to say to that.

      They stood for a little while longer, until Yuriko shook herself out of her
      reverie. Checking her watch she said, "Well, it's time to get changed. If
      you'd like, you can come downstairs and undress me and dress me all over
      again."

      Midori smiled suggestively, "My own personal doll? I love it," she purred.

      They started down the stairs together, until Yuriko paused and turned Midori
      around to face her. "Honestly - do you think I should say something to her?"

      Midori reached out ands brushed the hair back from Yuriko's face. She looked
      at the worried blue eyes and shook her head slowly. "There's nothing you can
      do for her...except to go on treating her the way you have been, as your
      team captain."

      "But..."

      "But what?" Midori said snippily, "What would you do? Tell her what?"

      "I don't know, I just feel...I feel responsible," Yuriko said miserably.

      Midori smiled ruefully, brushing at the frown on Yuriko's lips. "My poor
      Yuri - Mariko-san was so right, you want all people to be happy, all the
      time. You *are* responsible - because you are sweet, and kind and
      polite...extremely good-looking, and unapologetically sensual. Are you
      really so surprised that these girls would fall for you?"

      Yuriko stared down into Midori's dark eyes. "I know you're right. I do." She
      leaned down to kiss Midori lightly, but the kiss became stronger, deeper,
      until she felt that she could drown in it. Midori's tongue was cool,
      flavored with soda and it made Yuriko laugh. Smiling she moved away, then
      pulled Midori into an embrace.

      "Thank you," she whispered.

      Midori leaned her head against Yuriko's chest and murmured, "I love you."

      Yuriko pushed herself away from Midori and stared. "I do too," she said in a
      tone of sudden realization and total amazement. "I love you too."

      They kissed again, then ran down the stairs, giggling like children, hand in
      hand.

      ***

      There was a knock on the door of the classroom-cum-dressing room. Midori
      slid it aside to let in Namba with his ever-present camera, Kishi, a PA,
      Onda, his assistant and a few more people associated with the production.
      Onda spouted his profuse congratulations on the success of Yuriko's tenure
      as a high school student. Yuriko was gracious, funny and gentle, as the
      camera saved the moment for posterity. Kishi grunted her well-wishes and
      Yuriko thanked her agent for her patience and guidance. When at last they
      left, Yuriko sagged theatrically against the wall.

      "What is taking them so long?" she complained.

      Midori laughed at the blonde. "You're being a big baby."

      "I know," Yuriko sighed melodramatically, with a back of the hand to her
      forehead. "I know - it's just so difficult being me." Midori giggled, then
      stepped up to the blonde to make a few last adjustments to her bowtie.

      "What possessed you to go hard-boiled?" the author brushed her hand down the
      stiff shirtfront, ignoring the sound that came from the other woman.

      Yuriko shrugged, "I just thought it would look nice."

      "It does," Midori confirmed, her voice soft. "It looks very nice." She
      sighed wearily. "I see I'm going to have to fight them off tonight, won't
      I?"

      Laughing, Yuriko said, "I can just see it now - Yumi Midori arrested for
      beating up a bunch of schoolkids. When interviewed, Yumi-san had only this
      to say for herself..."

      "It was the tux - I couldn't help myself," a voice said sarcastically from
      the door. "If you don't move your butt, Yuri, Hachi and I will have to stand
      out here in the hall all night."

      Yuriko leapt forward, turning with a grin. "Mari, Hachi! I was wondering
      where you were."

      Hachi greeted Midori politely before answering Yuriko. "We've been here for
      a while, but Mariko decided to be delicate and we've been giving you two
      some time alone."

      Yuriko shot Mariko a wry smile, "How subtle of you." She laughed happily.
      "I'm very glad you're here though - now someone can keep Midori company
      while Mari fights off all the besotted young men," she said to Hachi.

      "I believe that Midori-san will have her own hands full," Hachi said
      graciously, turning to the author. "You look magnificent tonight."

      He was not wrong. Midori did look magnificent in a bright cheongsam the
      color of her name, her black hair hung loosely, bound only at the end.
      Yuriko found herself watching her lover with intense pleasure. With an
      approving glance, she complimented Mariko, who promptly ended the mutual
      admiration.

      "Yes, yes," she joked, "we are all amazingly attractive, not to mention
      sparkling conversationalists. Let's go out there and flaunt it a little!"
      She took Hachi's arm possessively, turning him around and marching him out
      of the door. "Don't forget - I get the first and last dance with you...the
      rest of the night, you're a free agent."

      Yuriko heard Hachi's soft laugh and his childish whine, "But I don't wanna
      dance with anyone else!"

      "Too bad," Mariko said with some force, "You'll just have to get used to the
      idea that a debonair, mature man such as yourself - you'll have every kogal
      in the school on your lap trying to make a few yen."

      "Mariko!" Yuriko said, shocked.

      Mari just laughed and led the way towards the auditorium.

      To Be Continued

      Shoujoai ni Bokuen, all characters and situations copyright 2001, E.
      Friedman

    • RCN
      Message 2 of 29 , Dec 28, 2001
        Have I told you lately how much I am enjoying this story?

        Stacy
      • shanejayell2000
        Message 3 of 29 , Dec 28, 2001
          Shane smiles and nodds agreement. This is probably one of my favorite
          fanfics, right up there with Dreiser's "Scenes".

          Yuriko is so cool!

          Shane

          Message 4 of 29 , Dec 28, 2001
            >From: "shanejayell2000" <shanejayell2000@...>

            >Shane smiles and nodds agreement. This is probably one of my favorite
            >fanfics, right up there with Dreiser's "Scenes".
            >
            >Yuriko is so cool!

            Yeah, she's pretty keen. :-) Glad you like it. :-)

            AniLesboCon 2001 - "For real women who like their women...animated."
            http://anilesbocon.shoujoai.com/

            Message 5 of 29 , Dec 28, 2001
              >From: "RCN" <azziz@...>

              >Have I told you lately how much I am enjoying this story?

              I'm glad to hear it - when no one commented on the last issue (the great
              lunch mystery finale) I was pretty bummed.

              AniLesboCon 2001 - "For real women who like their women...animated."
              http://anilesbocon.shoujoai.com/

            • zephyr_dudette
              Message 6 of 29 , Dec 28, 2001
                --- In Yuricon@y..., "Erica Friedman" <e.l.f.@i...> wrote:
                > >From: "RCN" <azziz@r...>
                >
                > >Have I told you lately how much I am enjoying this story?
                >
                > I'm glad to hear it - when no one commented on the last issue (the
                great
                > lunch mystery finale) I was pretty bummed.

                you were??? i didn't say anything cuz i've always thought that
                comments on how much we love SnB were redundent and a small
                annoyance... had no idea you actually wanted them *LOL* what a
                revalation... i'll be sure to comment the next time i feel like it
                ^_^''''

                -Zeph
                Message 7 of 29 , Dec 29, 2001
                  >From: "zephyr_dudette" <zephthebest@...>

                  >you were??? i didn't say anything cuz i've always thought that
                  >comments on how much we love SnB were redundent and a small
                  >annoyance... had no idea you actually wanted them *LOL* what a
                  >revalation... i'll be sure to comment the next time i feel like it
                  >^_^''''

                  Think about it - I write purely for the pleasure of doing so. I get nothing
                  from it, no fame, no money, no nothing...hmmm, what could it be that keeps
                  me writing? Despite the jokes, it seems that Kat's getting all the fangirls
                  and minions. LOL So, if it isn't for the ocassional compliment, I'm not even
                  in the running! LOL

                  You may not notice that I scrupulously thank *every single person* who says
                  something about my work...because it's important to me that people know that
                  I appreciate the comments. Would it annoy you to be complimented? LOL Nor
                  does it me.

                  Anyway, thank you for the thought. :-)

                  Message 8 of 29 , Dec 29, 2001
                    --- In Yuricon@y..., "Erica Friedman" <e.l.f.@i...> wrote:
                    > >From: "zephyr_dudette" <zephthebest@h...>
                    >
                    > >you were??? i didn't say anything cuz i've always thought that
                    > >comments on how much we love SnB were redundent and a small
                    > >annoyance... had no idea you actually wanted them *LOL* what a
                    > >revalation... i'll be sure to comment the next time i feel like it
                    > >^_^''''
                    >
                    > Think about it - I write purely for the pleasure of doing so. I get
                    nothing
                    > from it, no fame, no money, no nothing...hmmm, what could it be
                    that keeps
                    > me writing? Despite the jokes, it seems that Kat's getting all the
                    fangirls
                    > and minions. LOL So, if it isn't for the ocassional compliment, I'm
                    not even
                    > in the running! LOL
                    >
                    > You may not notice that I scrupulously thank *every single person*
                    who says
                    > something about my work...because it's important to me that people
                    know that
                    > I appreciate the comments. Would it annoy you to be complimented?
                    LOL Nor
                    > does it me.
                    >
                    > Anyway, thank you for the thought. :-)

                    *Grinz* it is silly now that i think about it...
                    but you have to know that everyone here was brought here by YOUR
                    GREATNESS, so this ML is a compliment to you daily ^_^ i do notice
                    the scrupulous thanking ^_^ i guess i'm still a naive little girl
                    about lots of things ^_~ the misjudgment won't happen again ^_^

                    -Zeph
                  • stirling_9
                    Message 9 of 29 , Dec 29, 2001
                      > > Anyway, thank you for the thought. :-)
                      > >
                      > > Cheers,
                      > >
                      > > Erica
                      >
                      > *Grinz* it is silly now that i think about it...
                      > but you have to know that everyone here was brought here by YOUR
                      > GREATNESS, so this ML is a compliment to you daily ^_^ i do notice
                      > the scrupulous thanking

                      BUT WAIT! There's more!! ^_^

                      For those who are interested there is a ELF fan group at the link
                      below. :) This way we get to talk about her without her blushing
                      input. ^_^

                      This isn't listed in the directory so now's your chance! 8D
                      P!

                      A place for fans of Ayumi Yui has been created! Please join us at:
                      http://ayumiyui.20m.com/yuihome.html

                      YuriCon 2002 http://www.shoujoai.com/~anilesbocon
                      For Real Women Who Like Their Women... Animated

                      Visit The Saint Tail Fan-fic Homepage at:
                      http://haneokameimi.fws1.com/home.htm
                    • katyae0211
                      Message 10 of 29 , Dec 29, 2001
                        --- In Yuricon@y..., "Erica Friedman" <e.l.f.@i...> wrote:
                        > >From: "RCN" <azziz@r...>
                        >
                        > >Have I told you lately how much I am enjoying this story?
                        >
                        > I'm glad to hear it - when no one commented on the last issue (the
                        great
                        > lunch mystery finale) I was pretty bummed.

                        ******SPOILER SPACE*******

                        ***Possible Spoiler Ahead***

                        **You Have Been Warned!!!**

                        I'm sorry, it's the holidays and I was too busy catching up on all of
                        the mail to worry about making specific comment on that.

                        For the record, until the note "fell out of" (in front of?) Mikan's
                        locker, I had lowered the list of possible lunch-makers to Mie and
                        Kaori. And after the nurse's office, I was pretty sure that it would
                        end up being Kaori...then that note bit threw me off, damn you! ^.~

                        Katya
                        Message 11 of 29 , Dec 29, 2001
                          >From: "zephyr_dudette" <zephthebest@...>

                          >*Grinz* it is silly now that i think about it...
                          >but you have to know that everyone here was brought here by YOUR
                          >GREATNESS, so this ML is a compliment to you daily ^_^ i do notice
                          >the scrupulous thanking ^_^ i guess i'm still a naive little girl
                          >about lots of things ^_~ the misjudgment won't happen again ^_^

                          Oh, like that's gonna fill my big black hole of need. Sheesh. LOL Just
                          kidding. Remember - you can never praise me too often, offer me too many
                          meals or rub my back for too long. Just think of me as a human-sized golden
                          retriever. LOL

                          Message 12 of 29 , Dec 29, 2001
                            >From: "stirling_9" <stirling_9@...>
                            >BUT WAIT! There's more!! ^_^
                            >
                            >For those who are interested there is a ELF fan group at the link
                            >below. :) This way we get to talk about her without her blushing
                            >input. ^_^

                            I lurk though - so no weird sexual fantasies, please. LOL

                          • eleloi
                            Message 13 of 29 , Dec 29, 2001
                              --- In Yuricon@y..., "Erica Friedman" <e.l.f.@i...> wrote:

                              > Oh, like that's gonna fill my big black hole of need. Sheesh. LOL
                              Just kidding. Remember - you can never praise me too often, offer me
                              too many meals or rub my back for too long. Just think of me as a
                              human-sized golden retriever. LOL

                              Good Erica... GOOD Erica... Go get the stick! <tosses one>

                              --Lel, who has her cable modem back! YAY!
                            • stirling_9
                              Message 14 of 29 , Dec 29, 2001
                                --- In Yuricon@y..., "Erica Friedman" <e.l.f.@i...> wrote:
                                > >From: "stirling_9" <stirling_9@h...>
                                > >BUT WAIT! There's more!! ^_^
                                > >
                                > >For those who are interested there is a ELF fan group at the link
                                > >below. :) This way we get to talk about her without her blushing
                                > >input. ^_^
                                > >

                                > I lurk though - so no weird sexual fantasies, please. LOL

                                Oh sure... kill the big draw! Who'll wanna join now?! :P
                                P!
                              • Medea Joy
                                Message 15 of 29 , Dec 29, 2001
                                  Erica Friedman wrote:

                                  > I'm glad to hear it - when no one commented on the last issue (the great
                                  > lunch mystery finale) I was pretty bummed.

                                  Oh, was it supposed to be a surprise? ^.^

                                  No, I liked it, really. But I've been in relaxing-only mode and not
                                  writing emails. ;-) Well, I've *really* been looking forward to this
                                  point in the story... though there hasn't been a bit of doubt about
                                  who's made the boxes for a long time, IMHO... ;-) I hoped Kaori's
                                  reactions to be explained this way from the very beginning on... At
                                  first, I had a few other candidates for the bentos, the only one I
                                  remember being Abe-sensei :o), but I just *wanted* it would be Kaori (I
                                  was afraid it would turn out to be a false track). Then, when she ran
                                  out of the school crying, I was sure... but then, that mean issue about
                                  chows (where Ruriko-sensei guesses that Kaori has a crush on *her*). Was
                                  I angry! ;-) I felt cheated, kind of like in the kind of story where two
                                  women _seem_ to fall in love and then the POV character is enlightened
                                  and notices she's just confused and really heterosexual... Well, some
                                  time shortly after that, I started to be sure it was Kaori. I guess I
                                  just know Kaori's situation too well to find another explanation
                                  satisfying ;o)

                                  My favourite Kaori hint: when Yuriko is in a restaurant, the basketball
                                  team enters and surrounds her, and then Kaori says: can't you see she's
                                  on a date? And Yuriko thinks she looks "disapproving" :-) :-)

                                  I hope sometime soon I'll get around writing the Kaori fanfic I've been
                                  having in mind...

                                  . medea joy
                                • dziwozony
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Dec 29, 2001
                                    --- In Yuricon@y..., "Erica Friedman" <e.l.f.@i...> wrote:
                                    > Just think of me as a human-sized golden retriever. LOL

                                    My partner was looking over my shoulder as I was reading this and
                                    commented, "A golden retriever? She's absolutely convinced that the
                                    whole world loves her? She seemed too cynical for that." :)

                                    Jude
                                  • Menagi-chan
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Dec 29, 2001
                                      > >*Grinz* it is silly now that i think about it...
                                      > >but you have to know that everyone here was brought here by YOUR
                                      > >GREATNESS, so this ML is a compliment to you daily ^_^ i do notice
                                      > >the scrupulous thanking ^_^ i guess i'm still a naive little girl
                                      > >about lots of things ^_~ the misjudgment won't happen again ^_^
                                      > >

                                      > Oh, like that's gonna fill my big black hole of need. Sheesh. LOL Just
                                      > kidding. Remember - you can never praise me too often, offer me too many
                                      > meals or rub my back for too long. Just think of me as a human-sized
                                      golden
                                      > retriever. LOL

                                      Just watch out if you, or Chris will call you a suck up. *laughs*

                                      Jya matta ne!

                                      Menagi-chan
                                      http://www.starnighindustries.com
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Dec 29, 2001
                                        >From: Medea Joy <s_m_j@...>

                                        >Oh, was it supposed to be a surprise? ^.^

                                        :p Pbbbbttt.

                                        >My favourite Kaori hint: when Yuriko is in a restaurant, the basketball
                                        >team enters and surrounds her, and then Kaori says: can't you see she's
                                        >on a date? And Yuriko thinks she looks "disapproving" :-) :-)

                                        O_o That was a hint? Wow - I'm so deep, I didn't even know it. LOL

                                        >I hope sometime soon I'll get around writing the Kaori fanfic I've been
                                        >having in mind...

                                        Oooh, I'd like to see that!

                                        AniLesboCon 2001 - "For real women who like their women...animated."
                                        http://anilesbocon.shoujoai.com/

                                      • Kathryn Williams
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Dec 31, 2001
                                          > Think about it - I write purely for the pleasure of doing so. I get
                                          nothing
                                          > from it, no fame, no money, no nothing...hmmm, what could it be that
                                          keeps
                                          > me writing? Despite the jokes, it seems that Kat's getting all the
                                          fangirls
                                          > and minions. LOL So, if it isn't for the ocassional compliment, I'm not
                                          even
                                          > in the running! LOL

                                          You have more fangirls and minions they you realize silly. So you are saying
                                          you write for the same reasons I do. Not money or fame but the fans >^_^<
                                          Mind you if you keep this up you will not be able to continue hiding in the
                                          shadows. I got you on stage once and I'll do it again. I personally would
                                          rather share the spot light and you desever it just havn't admited it to
                                          your self yet... now I'm going to shut up before I start geting emotional
                                          like I have been this past week and say something really silly...

                                          Off I go to write more dark and depressing tales of death and dispare.

                                          ja

                                          Kat (the emotional yo-yo)
                                        • Trixterpriest@aol.com
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Dec 31, 2001
                                            > >you were??? i didn't say anything cuz i've always thought that
                                            > >comments on how much we love SnB were redundent and a small
                                            > >annoyance... had no idea you actually wanted them *LOL* what a
                                            > >revalation... i'll be sure to comment the next time i feel like it
                                            > >^_^''''
                                            >
                                            > Think about it - I write purely for the pleasure of doing so. I get nothing
                                            > from it, no fame, no money, no nothing...hmmm, what could it be that keeps
                                            > me writing? Despite the jokes, it seems that Kat's getting all the fangirls
                                            > and minions. LOL So, if it isn't for the ocassional compliment, I'm not even
                                            > in the running! LOL

                                            *ahem*
                                            *does a little fangirl dance from the direction of Erica's FANCLUB*

                                            Just finished the last three issues...can I just say that...I love Mariko ;)

                                            Kun
                                            ----'-,-{@
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Dec 31, 2001
                                              >From: Trixterpriest@...

                                              >Just finished the last three issues...can I just say that...I love Mariko
                                              >;)

                                              Having fun on my DSL there, babe?

                                              You should like her - you share a birthday!

                                              Message 22 of 29 , Dec 31, 2001
                                                > >*Grinz* it is silly now that i think about it...
                                                > >but you have to know that everyone here was brought here by YOUR
                                                > >GREATNESS, so this ML is a compliment to you daily ^_^ i do notice
                                                > >the scrupulous thanking ^_^ i guess i'm still a naive little girl
                                                > >about lots of things ^_~ the misjudgment won't happen again ^_^
                                                > >

                                                > Oh, like that's gonna fill my big black hole of need. Sheesh. LOL Just

                                                Especially when you keep pushing our fangirl stuff out of it ;p

                                                > kidding. Remember - you can never praise me too often, offer me too many
                                                > meals or rub my back for too long. Just think of me as a human-sized golden
                                                > retriever. LOL

                                                Don't let her fool you, she can also catch a frisbee in her mouth =^.^=

                                                Kun
                                                ----'-,-{@
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Dec 31, 2001
                                                  >From: "Kathryn Williams" <neko_haruka@...>

                                                  >You have more fangirls and minions they you realize silly.

                                                  Oh, I hope not! No kidding..they are just work. LOL

                                                  So you are saying
                                                  >you write for the same reasons I do. Not money or fame but the fans >^_^<

                                                  No. I write because *I* enjoy it. If other people like it too, fine. if not,
                                                  fine.

                                                  >Mind you if you keep this up you will not be able to continue hiding in the
                                                  >shadows. I got you on stage once and I'll do it again.

                                                  No, please don't. No fooling. I don't want to be well known - especially if
                                                  I'm not rich too. I'd rather be rich, and avoid fame altogether. :-)

                                                  I personally would
                                                  >rather share the spot light and you desever it just havn't admited it to
                                                  >your self yet...

                                                  Not true - i really *don't* want the spotlight. I'll work hard to stay out
                                                  of it and I don't want to be drasgged into it. It ain't fun for me at all.

                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Dec 31, 2001
                                                    *snip*

                                                    > Not true - i really *don't* want the spotlight. I'll work hard to stay out
                                                    > of it and I don't want to be drasgged into it. It ain't fun for me at all.

                                                    *goes to say something more then stops herself* Fine, I give... No more
                                                    draggin Erica-kun onto stage... *let's out a tired sigh*

                                                    ja

                                                    Kat
                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Jan 1, 2002
                                                      >From: "Kathryn Williams" <neko_haruka@...>

                                                      >*goes to say something more then stops herself* Fine, I give... No more
                                                      >draggin Erica-kun onto stage... *let's out a tired sigh*

                                                      Thanks. ;-) I don't believe in things like false modesty and polite denials.
                                                      you can pretty much be sure that if I say something, i actually *mean* it.
                                                      LOL

                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Jan 3, 2002
                                                        > >From: Trixterpriest@...
                                                        >
                                                        > >Just finished the last three issues...can I just say that...I love Mariko
                                                        > >;)
                                                        >
                                                        > Having fun on my DSL there, babe?
                                                        >
                                                        > You should like her - you share a birthday!

                                                        I'm simply orgasmic on your DSL ;p~

                                                        I think we should have a birthday party for Mariko like we are for Yuriko... =^.^=

                                                        Kun
                                                        ----'-,-{@
                                                        Message 27 of 29 , Jan 3, 2002

                                                          Ewwww...don't tell me things like that.

                                                          >I think we should have a birthday party for Mariko like we are for
                                                          >Yuriko... =^.^=

                                                          Shock-er.

                                                          Message 28 of 29 , Jan 3, 2002
                                                            --- In Yuricon@y..., Trixterpriest@a... wrote:

                                                            > I think we should have a birthday party for Mariko like we are for
                                                            Yuriko... =^.^=

                                                            But you just want it because it would double as a birthday party for
                                                            Kun, too. ;P

                                                            Katya
                                                          • Trixterpriest@aol.com
                                                            Message 29 of 29 , Jan 3, 2002
                                                              > > I think we should have a birthday party for Mariko like we are for
                                                              > Yuriko... =^.^=
                                                              >
                                                              > But you just want it because it would double as a birthday party for
                                                              > Kun, too. ;P
                                                              >
                                                              > Katya

                                                              Of course not! Although...what's wrong with that? ;)

                                                              Kun