Re: [Yuricon] ANN 'Aoi Hana' review

    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2007
      >From: Iain Brown <iain@...>
      >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] ANN 'Aoi Hana' review
      >Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 16:52:33 -0500
      >
      >Erica Friedman wrote:
      >
      > > >"If you do not love Aoi Hana, you do not love yuri, period. Simple as
      > > >that. This schoolgirl story is the best of its genre, so subtle and
      > > >poignant that it makes stuff like MariMite and Strawberry Panic! look
      > > >like trashy dime-store romance by comparison.
      > >
      > > Clearly they only know of Marimite from the anime. :-)
      >
      >Even so, any review that a) claims Marimite is a dime-store romance
      >(even by comparison) and b) lumps Marimite and Strawberry Panic together
      >isn't one I'd take seriously.

      I agree that it's an unfortunate comparison, especially as the review of Aoi
      hana is otherwise quite good. I replied to the review on the forum, not that
      anyone there can tell the difference between Strawberry Panic and a hole in
      the wall. But I did want it to be said that the comparison should be if you
      like Marimite, you'll like Aoi Hana, or vice versa, and to point out that
      Strawberry Panic is a parody of said series, and not at all in the same
      class.

    • Mo-nique Tarafa
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2007
        I realise this has been stated twice over, but seeing
        MariMite and Strawberry Panic in the same sentence
        made my face tic in a quite uncomfortable and rather
        ugly fashion.
        Oh well.

        Huzzah for Aoi Hana!

        Mo.