RE: [Yuricon] OT Review: Ariel Schrag

  • Ellen Kuhfeld
    Message 1 of 9 , May 2, 2007
      Now as I'm older, I don't use that many real people. I did one roman a clef where I raked somebody over the coals, and it was -- satisfying, to say the least. And once, a friend was exactly the person for a character, so I used hir. (And told hir.) I do self-inserts now and then, as very minor characters - it's fun, and keeps me from the temptation of being a major character.

      On the other hand, some writers use real people all the time. Monica Ferris is a good example. (http://monica-ferris.com). One of her murderers asked for the role. "I'm tired of [my kind] being the victim," she said.

      Ellen Rose

      Message 2 of 9 , May 3, 2007
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

        > "...can I use your post for a review on Okazu?"

        No problemo, although now I kinda regret not going back through both
        books and listing all the things I liked. Oh well, rants are always
        better left untouched. ^__^

        If you'd like any more of my ramblings, just let me know. ( ex.
        http://tinyurl.com/22gcl7 ).

        Kisses XXOOXX
        Jen
      • Jen
        Message 3 of 9 , May 3, 2007
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <puni@...> wrote:

          > "Oh well, rants are always better left untouched."

          And to instantly contradict that (done smoothly and with style), feel
          free to replace "emphasize" with "Empathize."

          Don't know how I missed that.

          Kisses XXOOXX
          Jen
          Message 4 of 9 , May 3, 2007
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <puni@...> wrote:

            > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@> wrote:
            > >
            > > "...can I use your post for a review on Okazu?"
            >
            > No problemo, although now I kinda regret not going back through both
            > books and listing all the things I liked. Oh well, rants are always
            > better left untouched. ^__^

            You know - feel free to rewrite it. It's a *review*, not a class
            assignment. lol

            When you've added in the stuff you liked, give it a ratings like I do
            on Okazu and send it to me at anilesbocon01@... Also - if you
            can scan in a pic of the cover...

            I won't get to it for a bit anyway - the pile of stuff on my table to
            be reviewed is disturbingly large and needs to be pared down
            considerably. I'm having trouble seeing past it.

            > If you'd like any more of my ramblings, just let me know. ( ex.
            > http://tinyurl.com/22gcl7 ).

            Will do!

            I especially liked this one, because it ties in so nicely with my Fun
            Home/12 Days and Honey & Honey reviews.

          • Jen
            Message 5 of 9 , May 4, 2007

              > "...the pile of stuff on my table to be reviewed is disturbingly
              large and needs to be pared down considerably. I'm having trouble
              seeing past it."

              Wooo, flashback to the original ROD OVA series, specifically Yomiko's
              apartment. Ah, those were the days...

              GAH! Cursed nostalgia. Now I have to watch the *WHOLE* OVA & TV
              series again.

              Digressment. Love it. Fear it.

              Kisses XXOOXX
              Jen