"Talking about Amy"

    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2007
      Hi all -

      Gosh it's been a busy day. I forgot to mention this earlier, but I got
      word from film director Yorico Murakami that her film about ALC Yuri
      manga artist and dear friend Rica Takashima, "Talking About Amy" has
      been accepted for the Newfest, New York's GLBT Film Festival.

      We'll be screening "Talking About Amy" at Yuricon's 2007 "Yurisai"
      event, and we are realy hoping to have Yorico join us to introduce
      both her film and Rica. :-)

      "Talking About Amy" will be screening at GLBT Film Fests around the
      country, so look for it near you! And if you want to sponsor it for
      application to a Film festival near you, please contact me! Yorico can
      use all the help she can get. ;-)

    • Andi, Andi Spring, Spring
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 2007
        I came across this anime that was just so awesome I needed to tell you all about. There's no yuri, hence it being off topic.

        "* Based off a doujin (privately published) game by 07th expansion.
        It is the 58th year of Showa and summer is early. It is only June, yet one is able to enjoy the serenade of cicadas at noon and the buzz of higurashi in the evening.
        Our story takes place in Hinamizawa Village. It is a small village with a population of less than 2,000, a place cursed by Oyashiro-Sama
        Hinamizawa Village Consecutive Unnatural Murders (1979 ~ 1983).
        Every year, during the festival of Watanagashi, one person dies and another disappears. It is a cycle of death which started with a fight over the construction plans for a dam. That incident was covered up by the police and has now come back to haunt the village.
        Is all this due to a plot or a coincidence... or a curse?
        Is this tragedy inevitable? Is there nothing you can do but accept it?"

        The characters in the story take some time getting used to; they're all cute, some have bright hair, and their proportions are completely off at times (the art is by the same people who did Strawberry Panic's). The cute style only adds to the greatness of the show though.

        Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.