Re: [Yuricon] Re: Bee Train Attempts Subtlety

  • Iain Brown
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1 6:48 AM
      atheniag wrote:

      > I don't think we'll be getting any yuri love-love from thosee too, not
      > unless Ellis changes personality. But there's always Jody "Blue Eyes"
      > Hayward and well, hell, anyone. :-) At home, she wears a t-shirt that
      > says "No one knows I'm a librarian." I'm absolutely sure of it.

      Even though Kirika was clearly younger than Mireille, she was never
      presented as childish. There was a tension between the two - not
      necessarily sexual, but tension nonetheless - from the beginning. Madlax
      just had several interesting women introduced early on.

      Ellis acts like a kid, and Nadie referred to her as a child. I don't see
      anything there. She'll change, but I can't see the protector / child
      relationship going in that direction. Hayward, maybe. If she goes into
      the field instead of playing local power games with Rosenberg. Jody /
      Nadie, once the latter realizes she needs to protect Ellis from the
      former - that might be interesting.

      On an entirely unrelated subject, my gast was suitably flabbered when I
      discovered that the Evil Psychotic Librarian voiced Mokey Fraggle in the
      Japanese dub of Fraggle Rock. Mokey as an EPL... I can almost see it.

      --
      A fearless squirrel chittered a margarita, while I was incensed.
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1 8:14 AM
        >From: Iain Brown <iain@...>
        >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Bee Train Attempts Subtlety
        >Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 08:48:20 -0500
        >

        >Even though Kirika was clearly younger than Mireille, she was never
        >presented as childish. There was a tension between the two - not
        >necessarily sexual, but tension nonetheless - from the beginning. Madlax
        >just had several interesting women introduced early on.

        And most of them a little older than usual.

        >Ellis acts like a kid, and Nadie referred to her as a child. I don't see
        >anything there. She'll change, but I can't see the protector / child
        >relationship going in that direction. Hayward, maybe. If she goes into
        >the field instead of playing local power games with Rosenberg. Jody /
        >Nadie, once the latter realizes she needs to protect Ellis from the
        >former - that might be interesting.

        Yeah, and we can hope.

        >On an entirely unrelated subject, my gast was suitably flabbered when I
        >discovered that the Evil Psychotic Librarian voiced Mokey Fraggle in the
        >Japanese dub of Fraggle Rock. Mokey as an EPL... I can almost see it.

        Maybe I shouldn't admit this, but I have never seen a single second of
        Fraggle Rock. But if HA voiced it, I like it already. :-)

        $771/month*
        Message 3 of 10 , May 1 8:18 AM
          >From: Adam Jones <adam@...>
          >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Bee Train Attempts Subtlety
          >Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 13:52:06 +0100
          >
          >On 01-May-2007 12:38 -0000, atheniag wrote:
          > > And I quite like Ellis' autistic alien act. ;-) It suits her.
          >
          >I loved the fork gag - a cute joke and a shout-out rolled into one.

          Nadie seems unflappable, doesn't she?

          > > But there's always Jody "Blue Eyes" Hayward and well, hell, anyone. :-)
          >
          >Of course, every single doujinshi published about this show will,
          >instead, feature Lilio in any number of disturbing circumstances.

          Thanks for the reminder.

          >Ms Hayward is clearly aiming for the "Miss Exposition 2007" prize. But
          >hey, maybe Nadie considers narration to be a turn-on. We can but hope.

          LOL

          And btw, I notice another difference in this anime from Madlax and Noir - no
          driving fighting musical theme. I'm listening to "Nowhere" from Madlax right
          now - and who can forget "Salve Nos" from Noir"? El Cazador lacks that
          distinct musical theme.

          Maybe it's just going to be a lighter-hearted version of girls with guns on
          the run, which is okay. As long as Jody keeps being an EPL/L.

          Interest Rates NEAR 39yr LOWS! $430,000 Mortgage for $1,299/mo - Calculate
          new payment
          http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-19132&moid=14888
        • Tim II
          Message 4 of 10 , May 1 4:01 PM
            --- Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

            > >On an entirely unrelated subject, my gast was
            > suitably flabbered when I
            > >discovered that the Evil Psychotic Librarian voiced
            > Mokey Fraggle in the
            > >Japanese dub of Fraggle Rock. Mokey as an EPL... I
            > can almost see it.
            >
            > Maybe I shouldn't admit this, but I have never seen
            > a single second of
            > Fraggle Rock. But if HA voiced it, I like it
            > already. :-)

            How is that possible?

            Great, now I want to watch it in Japanese and subbed
            to find out how much sillier it got.

            Sincer,

            Tim II

            http://mail.yahoo.com