Afterellen.com interview with the founder of Yuricon

    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2007
      Hi all -

      I checked the stats for Yuricon, as I do every morning, and at 9:17AM,
      we are *nearly* at what we get for a whole day. Since I have already
      had my coffee, I thought, "ah, the afterellen interview must be up."

      Sure enough.

      http://www.afterellen.com - top story today appears to be me.

      I'll be honest, I'm not going to read it. It only makes me sad to see
      how I've been misquoted and taken out of context. But yay Yuricon!

      If you do read it, and it's bad, please don't let me know. LOL DO feel
      free to write in the comments how wonderful Yuricon events are (hint,
      hint, 2007) and how great the ML is and how wonderful ALC manga is and
      how you couldn't live without it. lol

    • Iain Brown
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2007
        atheniag wrote:

        > I'll be honest, I'm not going to read it. It only makes me sad to see
        > how I've been misquoted and taken out of context. But yay Yuricon!
        >
        > If you do read it, and it's bad, please don't let me know. LOL DO feel
        > free to write in the comments how wonderful Yuricon events are (hint,
        > hint, 2007) and how great the ML is and how wonderful ALC manga is and
        > how you couldn't live without it. lol

        Misquoted or not, it's a well-written article that (IMO) presents you
        and Yuricon in a very positive light. I don't see anything "bad" about it.

        --
        A fearless squirrel chittered a margarita, while I was incensed.
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2007
          >From: Iain Brown <iain@...>
          >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Afterellen.com interview with the founder of Yuricon
          >Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 08:35:00 -0500

          >Misquoted or not, it's a well-written article that (IMO) presents you
          >and Yuricon in a very positive light. I don't see anything "bad" about it.

          I lied - I glanced at it and it seemed far better than expected. So no
          complaints here.

        • Johann Chua
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2007
            Congratulations! My only quibble was that they used "shoujo-ai", but I guess that's a necessary evil for web searching since Yuri is a given name in a few languages.
            Message 5 of 5 , May 1, 2007
              >From: "Johann Chua" <johannconradchua@...>
              >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Afterellen.com interview with the founder of Yuricon
              >Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 05:49:07 +0800
              >
              >Congratulations! My only quibble was that they used "shoujo-ai", but I
              >guess
              >that's a necessary evil for web searching since Yuri is a given name in a
              >few languages.

              And its still common usage - no matter how hard I try to kill it. ;-)