Re: Bee Train Attempts Subtlety

    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2007

      > I spotted Noir and Madlax references in that frame. Makes me wonder if
      > there are .hack and/or Avenger ones I'm missing (not having watched
      > either).

      None that I've seen, but I think it would have to be as obvious as the
      hotel Noir for me to notice.

      > Definitely. Episode 4 was pretty amusing, though - Nadie's turning out
      > to be a fun character to have around.

      And I quite like Ellis' autistic alien act. ;-) It suits her.

      I don't think we'll be getting any yuri love-love from thosee too, not
      unless Ellis changes personality. But there's always Jody "Blue Eyes"
      Hayward and well, hell, anyone. :-) At home, she wears a t-shirt that
      says "No one knows I'm a librarian." I'm absolutely sure of it.

    • Adam Jones
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2007
        On 01-May-2007 12:38 -0000, atheniag wrote:
        > And I quite like Ellis' autistic alien act. ;-) It suits her.

        I loved the fork gag - a cute joke and a shout-out rolled into one.

        > I don't think we'll be getting any yuri love-love from thosee too, not
        > unless Ellis changes personality.

        True. Then again, given how spaced-out she seems to be at present,
        it'd seem like exploitation bordering on molestation to pair Ellis with
        anyone. Except the lizard.

        > But there's always Jody "Blue Eyes" Hayward and well, hell, anyone. :-)

        Of course, every single doujinshi published about this show will,
        instead, feature Lilio in any number of disturbing circumstances.

        Ms Hayward is clearly aiming for the "Miss Exposition 2007" prize. But
        hey, maybe Nadie considers narration to be a turn-on. We can but hope.
        .oO("And if cheese were a kite could you fly it?" )
      • Iain Brown
        Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2007
          atheniag wrote:

          > I don't think we'll be getting any yuri love-love from thosee too, not
          > unless Ellis changes personality. But there's always Jody "Blue Eyes"
          > Hayward and well, hell, anyone. :-) At home, she wears a t-shirt that
          > says "No one knows I'm a librarian." I'm absolutely sure of it.

          Even though Kirika was clearly younger than Mireille, she was never
          presented as childish. There was a tension between the two - not
          necessarily sexual, but tension nonetheless - from the beginning. Madlax
          just had several interesting women introduced early on.

          Ellis acts like a kid, and Nadie referred to her as a child. I don't see
          anything there. She'll change, but I can't see the protector / child
          relationship going in that direction. Hayward, maybe. If she goes into
          the field instead of playing local power games with Rosenberg. Jody /
          Nadie, once the latter realizes she needs to protect Ellis from the
          former - that might be interesting.

          On an entirely unrelated subject, my gast was suitably flabbered when I
          discovered that the Evil Psychotic Librarian voiced Mokey Fraggle in the
          Japanese dub of Fraggle Rock. Mokey as an EPL... I can almost see it.

          --
          A fearless squirrel chittered a margarita, while I was incensed.
          Message 4 of 10 , May 1, 2007
            >From: Iain Brown <iain@...>
            >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Bee Train Attempts Subtlety
            >Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 08:48:20 -0500
            >

            >Even though Kirika was clearly younger than Mireille, she was never
            >presented as childish. There was a tension between the two - not
            >necessarily sexual, but tension nonetheless - from the beginning. Madlax
            >just had several interesting women introduced early on.

            And most of them a little older than usual.

            >Ellis acts like a kid, and Nadie referred to her as a child. I don't see
            >anything there. She'll change, but I can't see the protector / child
            >relationship going in that direction. Hayward, maybe. If she goes into
            >the field instead of playing local power games with Rosenberg. Jody /
            >Nadie, once the latter realizes she needs to protect Ellis from the
            >former - that might be interesting.

            Yeah, and we can hope.

            >On an entirely unrelated subject, my gast was suitably flabbered when I
            >discovered that the Evil Psychotic Librarian voiced Mokey Fraggle in the
            >Japanese dub of Fraggle Rock. Mokey as an EPL... I can almost see it.

            Maybe I shouldn't admit this, but I have never seen a single second of
            Fraggle Rock. But if HA voiced it, I like it already. :-)

            $771/month*
            Message 5 of 10 , May 1, 2007
              >From: Adam Jones <adam@...>
              >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Bee Train Attempts Subtlety
              >Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 13:52:06 +0100
              >
              >On 01-May-2007 12:38 -0000, atheniag wrote:
              > > And I quite like Ellis' autistic alien act. ;-) It suits her.
              >
              >I loved the fork gag - a cute joke and a shout-out rolled into one.

              Nadie seems unflappable, doesn't she?

              > > But there's always Jody "Blue Eyes" Hayward and well, hell, anyone. :-)
              >
              >Of course, every single doujinshi published about this show will,
              >instead, feature Lilio in any number of disturbing circumstances.

              Thanks for the reminder.

              >Ms Hayward is clearly aiming for the "Miss Exposition 2007" prize. But
              >hey, maybe Nadie considers narration to be a turn-on. We can but hope.

              LOL

              And btw, I notice another difference in this anime from Madlax and Noir - no
              driving fighting musical theme. I'm listening to "Nowhere" from Madlax right
              now - and who can forget "Salve Nos" from Noir"? El Cazador lacks that
              distinct musical theme.

              Maybe it's just going to be a lighter-hearted version of girls with guns on
              the run, which is okay. As long as Jody keeps being an EPL/L.

              Interest Rates NEAR 39yr LOWS! $430,000 Mortgage for $1,299/mo - Calculate
              new payment
              http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-19132&moid=14888
            • Tim II
              Message 6 of 10 , May 1, 2007
                --- Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

                > >On an entirely unrelated subject, my gast was
                > suitably flabbered when I
                > >discovered that the Evil Psychotic Librarian voiced
                > Mokey Fraggle in the
                > >Japanese dub of Fraggle Rock. Mokey as an EPL... I
                > can almost see it.
                >
                > Maybe I shouldn't admit this, but I have never seen
                > a single second of
                > Fraggle Rock. But if HA voiced it, I like it
                > already. :-)

                How is that possible?

                Great, now I want to watch it in Japanese and subbed
                to find out how much sillier it got.

                Sincer,

                Tim II

                http://mail.yahoo.com