Re: More fuel for the fire

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 20, 2007
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:

      > So, trolling around the Intertubes, I discovered that Diamond had
      > mistakenly solicited a $100 box set of Marimite (sub-only) for
      > Geneon. It has since been pulled as mistake according to Geneon and
      > it hasn't been licensed they say.

      If there's an ad for it anywhere and it's not April 1st, there's a
      fair chance that it is in the works, even if the licensing isn't
      complete. Although Geneon is an American division of a Japanese
      company, they still have to license titles from the parent company. (I
      don't know why that is, but it seems to be S.O.P. in the field. Bandai
      does the same.)

      We'll keep our fingers crossed, of course. But, as someone mentioned
      when it came up on irc, if the box set *could* be released by July,
      then subbing and dubbing must already be complete. And you just know
      they're gonna hurt us with those.

      I wrote them to ask them to be mindful of the importance of honorifics
      and titles in the story (and suggest a cross promotion of some kind)
      but not at all suprisingly, they haven't had the courtesy to reply. Of
      every company I've ever had the pleasure to deal with in the last
      seven years, Geneon has consistently been the most unapproachable and
      paranoid. (When I called them for Onna! I was asked, "How did you get
      this number!!???" The answer was that I *looked them up.* It's a
      private subsidiary of a public company, so easy enough to find in
      business sources. And they are - gasp! - listed in their local phone
      book. I mean, really.)