Re: [Yuricon] New yuri anime in the Spring Season: Touka Gettan and Hitohira

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7, 2007
      >From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>
      >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] New yuri anime in the Spring Season: Touka Gettan
      >and Hitohira
      >Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 10:52:56 -0400
      >
      >On Apr 7, 2007, at 3:28 AM, Aaron the PK wrote:
      >

      > > The first one is Touka Gettan. I haven't seen the
      > > first episode myself yet, but I read about it in a
      > > thread. It contains the two main girls locking lips
      > > in the opening and, according to Newtype USA, "is
      > > produced by the same staff who brought us the
      > > deliciously naughty Yami to Boshi to Hon no Tabibito."

      IIt's been said, but I was going to say that, yeah - its a guy, not a girl.

      > > But that's not what we care about. We care about her
      > > interactions with Nono, a member of the drama club.
      > > Nono is the one interested in getting Mugi to joing
      > > the club. After Mugi gets knocked down at one point,
      > > Nono helps her up and Mugi's can't help but notice how
      > > good looking Nono is. And when Nono gets Mugi to join
      > > the drama club at the end of the episode, the scene is
      > > absolutely dripping in yuri subtext.

      >Oh, you mean the part where Nono buys Mugi's soul for $5? I'm sorry,
      >but I found the first episode much more interesting when I imagined
      >that Nono was buying people's souls instead of recruiting people into
      >the drama club. Which is totally not gay, btw. ;)

      SO agreed. If you imagine Nono as a modern day Mephistopheles it's all much
      more enjoyable. Otherwise, Hitohira is really kind of dull. :-)

      >One more thing. Student Council President: Totally Gay. That is all.

      Lesbian meme role call: Motorcycles, Student Council President, Going to
      America
      Instant lesbi-fying name roll call: Yuri(ko), Kaoru, Natsuki

      So mote it be.

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 7, 2007
        And one more for the pile - IdolMaster Xenoglossia

        I know exactly nothing about this series, except that Fujieda Miyabi did an
        awful lot of doujinshi for it....

        Haruka auditions for position as an "idol" which turns out to mean giant
        robot pilot - haha on us. Lots of penguins, explosions and screaming.

        Episode one was cute, with some good enery and Chihaya is totally gay.
        Definitely worth keeping an eye on.

        $771/month*