New yuri anime in the Spring Season: Touka Gettan and Hitohira

  • Aaron the PK
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7, 2007
      Two more anime of interest to yuri fans that I don't
      recall being mentioned in the previous discussion
      about the spring season. And if they were, well,
      here's a reminder.

      The first one is Touka Gettan. I haven't seen the
      first episode myself yet, but I read about it in a
      thread. It contains the two main girls locking lips
      in the opening and, according to Newtype USA, "is
      produced by the same staff who brought us the
      deliciously naughty Yami to Boshi to Hon no Tabibito."
      The original game/visual novel is from the same
      people as well, according to Wiki (though they got
      Toka's gender wrong). Really, need I say more?

      The second series, and the one I really wanted to
      bring up, is Hitohira and since I *have* seen the
      first episode of this one, I'll go into more detail.
      The premise is that young Asai Mugi becomes
      effectively mute when she gets nervous. Which is
      quite frequent. Simply put, she doesn't like being
      the center of attention. She seems to suffer from a
      mild form of agoraphobia. And at the end of the
      episode she ends up signing up for the drama club.

      But that's not what we care about. We care about her
      interactions with Nono, a member of the drama club.
      Nono is the one interested in getting Mugi to joing
      the club. After Mugi gets knocked down at one point,
      Nono helps her up and Mugi's can't help but notice how
      good looking Nono is. And when Nono gets Mugi to join
      the drama club at the end of the episode, the scene is
      absolutely dripping in yuri subtext.

      Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
      in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.
    • Aaron the PK
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 7, 2007
        > The first one is Touka Gettan. I haven't seen the
        > first episode myself yet, but I read about it in a
        > thread. It contains the two main girls locking lips
        > in the opening and, according to Newtype USA, "is
        > produced by the same staff who brought us the
        > deliciously naughty Yami to Boshi to Hon no
        > Tabibito."
        > The original game/visual novel is from the same
        > people as well, according to Wiki (though they got
        > Toka's gender wrong). Really, need I say more?

        Well, it seems that To(u)ka's gender is a bit
        ambiguous and may actually be a male. I guess this is
        what I get for talking about a show I haven't seen.
        But in my defense, he seems to have fooled the people
        who actually saw it as well.

        Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.
      • Chalcahuite
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 7, 2007
          On Apr 7, 2007, at 3:28 AM, Aaron the PK wrote:

          > Two more anime of interest to yuri fans that I don't
          > recall being mentioned in the previous discussion
          > about the spring season. And if they were, well,
          > here's a reminder.
          >
          > The first one is Touka Gettan. I haven't seen the
          > first episode myself yet, but I read about it in a
          > thread. It contains the two main girls locking lips
          > in the opening and, according to Newtype USA, "is
          > produced by the same staff who brought us the
          > deliciously naughty Yami to Boshi to Hon no Tabibito."
          > The original game/visual novel is from the same
          > people as well, according to Wiki (though they got
          > Toka's gender wrong). Really, need I say more?
          I saw the raw for this and frankly, I don't think subs will be much
          help in deciphering what's going in this show. And yes, Touka is
          male, and while it's the same crew as YamiBou, the buzz I've heard
          suggests that any Yuri will be incidental or background characters
          only. Although any one who's played the original game this anime is
          a sequel to please feel free to enlighten us all.

          > But that's not what we care about. We care about her
          > interactions with Nono, a member of the drama club.
          > Nono is the one interested in getting Mugi to joing
          > the club. After Mugi gets knocked down at one point,
          > Nono helps her up and Mugi's can't help but notice how
          > good looking Nono is. And when Nono gets Mugi to join
          > the drama club at the end of the episode, the scene is
          > absolutely dripping in yuri subtext.
          Oh, you mean the part where Nono buys Mugi's soul for $5? I'm sorry,
          but I found the first episode much more interesting when I imagined
          that Nono was buying people's souls instead of recruiting people into
          the drama club. Which is totally not gay, btw. ;)

          One more thing. Student Council President: Totally Gay. That is all.

          -==-
          Serge
          http://ximatl.blogspot.com
          http://albikal.blogspot.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 7, 2007
            >From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>
            >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] New yuri anime in the Spring Season: Touka Gettan
            >and Hitohira
            >Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 10:52:56 -0400
            >
            >On Apr 7, 2007, at 3:28 AM, Aaron the PK wrote:
            >

            > > The first one is Touka Gettan. I haven't seen the
            > > first episode myself yet, but I read about it in a
            > > thread. It contains the two main girls locking lips
            > > in the opening and, according to Newtype USA, "is
            > > produced by the same staff who brought us the
            > > deliciously naughty Yami to Boshi to Hon no Tabibito."

            IIt's been said, but I was going to say that, yeah - its a guy, not a girl.

            > > But that's not what we care about. We care about her
            > > interactions with Nono, a member of the drama club.
            > > Nono is the one interested in getting Mugi to joing
            > > the club. After Mugi gets knocked down at one point,
            > > Nono helps her up and Mugi's can't help but notice how
            > > good looking Nono is. And when Nono gets Mugi to join
            > > the drama club at the end of the episode, the scene is
            > > absolutely dripping in yuri subtext.

            >Oh, you mean the part where Nono buys Mugi's soul for $5? I'm sorry,
            >but I found the first episode much more interesting when I imagined
            >that Nono was buying people's souls instead of recruiting people into
            >the drama club. Which is totally not gay, btw. ;)

            SO agreed. If you imagine Nono as a modern day Mephistopheles it's all much
            more enjoyable. Otherwise, Hitohira is really kind of dull. :-)

            >One more thing. Student Council President: Totally Gay. That is all.

            Lesbian meme role call: Motorcycles, Student Council President, Going to
            America
            Instant lesbi-fying name roll call: Yuri(ko), Kaoru, Natsuki

            So mote it be.

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 7, 2007
              Cheers,
              And one more for the pile - IdolMaster Xenoglossia

              I know exactly nothing about this series, except that Fujieda Miyabi did an
              awful lot of doujinshi for it....

              Haruka auditions for position as an "idol" which turns out to mean giant
              robot pilot - haha on us. Lots of penguins, explosions and screaming.

              Episode one was cute, with some good enery and Chihaya is totally gay.
              Definitely worth keeping an eye on.

              $771/month*