[OT] Off-topic, possibly weird, but I can't stop myself....

    Message 1 of 35 , Apr 6, 2007
      Hi all -

      I, erm, have some news. Good news, I guess. Totally off-topic for this list,
      but as it's my list, and the news is about me...

      After being together for almost 24 years, my wife and I are undergoing an
      official ceremony on Tuesday. NJ now allows civil unions that guarantee all
      the stupid ass things a marriage does, and despite our committment to never
      commit to anything...so here we are. No ceremony, no pomp and circumstance
      or anything, just signing papers.

      But after a long, rather bizarre day full of much good (thank you Ted!) and
      extremely bad (email from some desperate soul in Japan who is stranded, lost
      and alone) Serge, Sean and Adam convinced me to make a "wedding registry"
      thingball on Amazon for myself and the wife. (She's busy adding $500
      truffles even as I type.)

      Anyway, I'm not saying you *have* to look at it, or even that you *ought*
      to. But, if you're the kind of person who is either a voyeur and wants to
      see what stuff we want, or are the kind of person who just loves all this
      nonsense, here's the link:

      http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wedding/1U4MBCX0SQV12

      Some of the stuff on there is, yes, a joke. I don't actually expect anyone
      to buy us a 52" inch flat screen HDTV. LOL But weddings and civil unions
      live in fantasy land, so there you go. :)

      Message 35 of 35 , Apr 8, 2007
        >From: chai <teachai@...>
        >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] [OT] Off-topic, possibly weird, but I can't stop
        >myself....
        >Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 18:27:40 -0400
        >
        >Congratulations! The wedding registry is a fun idea. If you're going to
        >have to go through the bother, why not get a little somethin'-somethin'
        >outta it? ;)

        Thanks!

        Can�t afford to quit your job? � Earn your AS, BS, or MS degree online in 1
        year.
        http://www.classesusa.com/clickcount.cfm?id=866145&goto=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.classesusa.com%2Ffeaturedschools%2Fonlinedegreesmp%2Fform-dyn1.html%3Fsplovr%3D866143