RE: [Yuricon] Re: Looking forward to the spring anime season

    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 3, 2007
      >From: "Sylwia 'Louise' Kazmierczak" <louise_salieri@...>
      >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Looking forward to the spring anime season
      >Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 18:37:51 -0000
      >
      >When I wrote about Claymore manga on shoujo-ai forum two years ago,
      >almost noone was interested in this title. As I see, at the list is
      >the same.

      Not "not interested" - it's more like "not familiar with." I have certainly
      seen yuri fanart of the chacters from Claymore. So, tell us about it. You
      say it's good...what's it *about*?

      If there is an anime coming out this spring (and I assume there is, or
      mellowrg wouldn't have added the title to this thread, I'm sure plenty of
      folks will give it a try. Whther there's yuri in the anime remains to be
      seen, of course. It's not like no yuri has stopped yuri famdumb before,
      though. <coughAriacough>. ;-)

      Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon.
    • Aereal Reis
      Message 2 of 14 , May 18 4:29 PM
        > >When I wrote about Claymore manga on shoujo-ai forum two years ago,
        > >almost noone was interested in this title. As I see, at the list is
        > >the same.
        >
        > Not "not interested" - it's more like "not familiar with." I have
        > certainly seen yuri fanart of the chacters from Claymore. So, tell
        > us about it. You say it's good...what's it *about*?

        I haven't seen any yuri fanart of Claymore, if you remember where it
        was or who made it I'd be deeply grateful, I so want to see it.

        I've seen up to episode 7 and it definitely is yuri (more yuri tan
        Aria, anyway >.>) but on top of that it is a very very good anime (and
        I can only imagine how extreme the manga is just based on the fact
        anime often tends to be less than the manga)

        The story is a dark-age world in which demons called "Youma" eat human
        guts, an organization has these women who use youma powers to kill
        youma for a profit, there's much more to it than that, apparently
        these women have youma blood and flesh in them (not sure how) and use
        human will to control it and use it; if they use too much, however,
        the "yoki" which is like the power the youma and these women use,
        begins to control them and they turn into youma. So a good "claymore"
        (which is the name humans give these women, as well as "silver eye
        witches" and "monsters") is one that can be extremely strong without
        using yoki.

        The story is very deep and the combat is amazing, also lots of blood
        but its not disgusting, mainly because the blood isn't on screen for
        longer than one can tolerate, there is also some fanservice but it is
        in the form of tight clothes, and some nudity (but nothing improper is
        ever shown)

        The yuri so far (up to chapter 7) is between the top Claymore
        "Theresa" and a little girl called "Claire", Claire is much younger
        than Theresa, but she admires/adores/desires Theresa, I won't say much
        about Theresa because its an spoiler.

        I greatly recommend it, and I do see yuri there.

        oh! yes, fanart please, any hint, even little one would be greatly
        appreciated.
        Message 3 of 14 , May 18 9:08 PM
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Aereal Reis" <neo_hrtgdv@...> wrote:

          > I've seen up to episode 7 and it definitely is yuri (more yuri tan
          > Aria, anyway >.>)

          Well, I have to disagree there. I'm not seeing yuri. Sure Clarte
          admires Teresa and has obvious affection for her, but I'm seeing a
          younger older sister or daughter mother dymnamic. I definitely am not
          seeing whatever desire you. (I'm tempted to write that I've had my
          head in any number of laps without actually desiring the person, but
          it sounds really bad, even if it is true. LOL)

          but on top of that it is a very very good anime (and
          > I can only imagine how extreme the manga is just based on the fact
          > anime often tends to be less than the manga)

          And again...it's a perfectly fine anime, but not, IMHO, so OMG. The
          plot so far is, to me, incredibly predictable. I'm enjoying it
          plenty, but I'm just not seeing it as being more than the sword and
          sorceror vehicle that it is.

        • Aereal Reis
          Message 4 of 14 , May 18 9:41 PM
            > Well, I have to disagree there. I'm not seeing yuri. Sure Clarte
            > admires Teresa and has obvious affection for her, but I'm seeing a
            > younger older sister or daughter mother dymnamic. I definitely am
            > not seeing whatever desire you. (I'm tempted to write that I've had
            > my head in any number of laps without actually desiring the person,
            > but it sounds really bad, even if it is true. LOL)

            Well.. I really have no strong argument to defend the yuri undertones
            here, I'm sure many people won't see it as yuri, and again: many will;
            I think its something that has become more or less an habit, but
            honestly, we get so little yuri undertone anime, and even less strong
            yuri anime its not a surprise to see hundreds pining for the little
            there is, its not a excuse to do it, but a fact that its hard to overlook.

            > And again...it's a perfectly fine anime, but not, IMHO, so OMG. The
            > plot so far is, to me, incredibly predictable. I'm enjoying it
            > plenty, but I'm just not seeing it as being more than the sword and
            > sorceror vehicle that it is.

            But its not to know "what will happen" because /I/ see it, but to
            watch "how it happens", I really liked it, I think that is just that
            ^-^. I am mostly hesitant with anime, currently I'm only watching El
            Cazador, Nanoha and Claymore.

            I think we really need more good anime, and if I'm to daydream, more
            yuri anime, I am really hoping for Strawberry Shake Sweet, Iono the
            fanatics, Hayate X Blade, or Aoi Hana anime.. but then again.. its
            only daydreaming.
          • silvertenshi24687
            Message 5 of 14 , May 22 4:24 PM

              > I think we really need more good anime, and if I'm to daydream, more
              > yuri anime, I am really hoping for Strawberry Shake Sweet, Iono the
              > fanatics, Hayate X Blade, or Aoi Hana anime.. but then again.. its
              > only daydreaming.

              I totally agree to this, we do need more good anime, and specialy good
              yuri anime where there's a really yuri couple not just subtext or
              anything like that, i'll really love to see Strawberry Shake Sweet
              anime and Iono the fanatics anime, mmm Maka Maka is really good too,
              has a great plot and it's fun, thou i wouldn't like if they made it
              just fanservice(mainly boys). The only bits of yuri in some none yuri
              anime is just for fanservice and that's something i've come to hate.
            • Eric
              Message 6 of 14 , May 24 11:09 AM
                I've read about this OVA series in Newtype called ICE, in which
                possible yuri-ish elements seem implied. In the future, men are wiped
                out, and the rest of the all-woman human society gathered in Tokyo are
                divided between the pessimists, who resort to hedonism since they
                believe Earth will end someday, and the optimists, who resort to
                science since they believe Earth could be saved someday. It involves
                peace-keeping wars between both sides.--Pachy_Boy
              • Blah Blahn
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 6, 2007
                  I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Hitohira yet for Yuri content. The Yuri content is in large bunches, even if it is slow to develop. Now that the ending is coming up (the next episode preview said the 12th episode shall be the final one), I wonder how the series will end, especially with the obvious Yuri-ness of 11.... I am sad though, because Hitohira has definitely taken a turn for the depressive near the end. Anyways, random rambling aside, I wonder what other people think of Hitohira this anime season.