Yuricon communities online

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 27, 2007
      Hi all!

      I know that a lot of people hang out in a lot of different online
      spaces. I can't be everywhere, but I thought I'd give everyone a
      rundown on the various spaces and groups where you can find Yuricon.

      Of course, right here on our Yuricon ML, and its sister, the Yuricon
      Announcements ML. These are both Yahoogroups, and the homepages can be
      found at:

      This is a general chat list where your comments on anything remotely
      to do with Yuri are always welcome! This is the best place to get
      Yuricon and ALC News and updates, since I post here first...and often
      I post here and forget to post elswhere. woops...

      This is more like a newsletter- you get the announcements, no chat and
      no way to reply.

      Yuricon in LJland: http://community.livejournal.com/yuricon/
      This is a group set up on LiveJournal to which I post news
      announcements. I do occasionally check in to reply to comments. If you
      have a LJ and check that regularly, it's one good way of getting
      Yuricon and ALC news.

      Okazu: http://okazu.blogspot.com
      This is my "official" blog, which I am now updating on the order of
      4-5 times a week, these days. It includes reviews of yuri anime,
      manga, live action and related (sometimes not so much) films and
      books, as well as news and updates. Other than this mailing list, it
      is the best place to get updates and news - and you can get it on RSS
      feed, to make it easy to track.

      Mixi - http://mixi.jp/show_friend.pl?id=7455248
      This is a Japanese social networking site. It is, therefore, in
      Japanese. I'm really bad about updating this. If you have a mixi
      account, let me know and I'll add you as a friend. It'll make us look
      cooler. :-) (I also promise to update this this weekend...)

      And the real reason for this post - a brand new MySpace site! Whee.

      Yuricon MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/yuricon
      Yuricon MySpace Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/yuricon
      Like the LJ Community, I'm going to post news and updates here, but
      not much else. But feel free to add me as a friend, or ask me to add
      you. Like Mixi, it'll make us look so much cooler. ;-)

      Last, but not least, you can usually find me hangin' on IRC in the
      venings at lililicious@... and otenba@..., two wonderful
      scanlation/sub groups that you already know about (or should, if you
      don't) where we talk about yuri from time to time. :-)

      I think that's everybody. I've been invited to create an Orkut space,
      but I think I'm at my password retention limit. :-)

      Hope I'll see everyone *somewhere* online! :-)

    • Todd Allis
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 28, 2007
        Ooh, I'd like to get a Mix account.
        It says I need an invitation from a current user though. May I have an
        invite?

        Todd

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 28, 2007
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Todd Allis <ashi@...> wrote:

          > Ooh, I'd like to get a Mix account.
          > It says I need an invitation from a current user though. May I have an
          > invite?

          Certainly! Email me at Yuricon@... with the email you want me
          to send it to.

          This goes for anyone else who wants to set up a Mixi account.

        • Sethite Set
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 29, 2007
            Friend send me this one few minutes ago. That's true, they made new version of Lady Oscar.  Quality is not so good, but look: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQZzdlEzJFO
            regards
            Sethite

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 29, 2007
              >From: Sethite Set <sethite_20@...>
              >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [Yuricon] New Version of Lady Oscar
              >Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 09:54:55 -0700 (PDT)
              >
              >Friend send me this one few minutes ago. That's true, they made new version
              >of Lady Oscar. Quality is not so good, but look:
              >www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQZzdlEzJFO

              I can't get this link to work at all, so I could definitely be mistaken, but
              "Lady Oscar" was the title used in the European dubs of "Beruseiyu no Bara",
              in English "Rose of Versailles." When I look up "Lady Oscar" on YouTube,
              that's what I'm seeing.

              5.5%* 30 year fixed mortgage rate. Good credit refinance. Up to 5 free
              quotes - *Terms
              https://www2.nextag.com/goto.jsp?product=100000035&url=%2fst.jsp&tm=y&search=mortgage_text_links_88_h2a5d&s=4056&p=5117&disc=y&vers=910
            • Erin Subramanian
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 29, 2007
                Erica Friedman wrote:

                >>From: Sethite Set <sethite_20@...>
                >>To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                >>Subject: [Yuricon] New Version of Lady Oscar
                >>Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 09:54:55 -0700 (PDT)
                >>
                >>Friend send me this one few minutes ago. That's true, they made new version
                >>of Lady Oscar. Quality is not so good, but look:
                >>www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQZzdlEzJFO
                >>

                >I can't get this link to work at all, so I could definitely be mistaken, but
                >"Lady Oscar" was the title used in the European dubs of "Beruseiyu no Bara",
                >in English "Rose of Versailles." When I look up "Lady Oscar" on YouTube,
                >that's what I'm seeing.

                It's a trailer for the upcoming Rose of Versailles movie.
                Try searching youtube for "TIAF07 La Rose de Versailles" or see the
                embedded vid on livejournal:
                http://community.livejournal.com/beru_bara/60630.html

                Erin
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 29, 2007
                  --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Erin Subramanian <esubramanian1@...>
                  wrote:

                  > It's a trailer for the upcoming Rose of Versailles movie.
                  > Try searching youtube for "TIAF07 La Rose de Versailles" or see the
                  > embedded vid on livejournal:
                  > http://community.livejournal.com/beru_bara/60630.html

                  Thank you kindly. Very nice. Very CG. :-)

                  I bet Ikeda's RoV wine goes up in value again. Everytime they do a
                  version of RoV, her goods skyrocket.

                  Looking for yuri manga where the girl gets the girl? ALC Publishing
                  has what you want!
                  http://www.yuricon.org/shop/

                • Joy Bordador
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 29, 2007
                    I certainly hope none of you saw the RoV magazine ad for Toyota. I must admit my respect for both "brands" (if you consider RoV a brand) went down a few notches. XD; I'll look for it on my HD at home since I remember that despite the tackiness of it, I decided to save it anyway.

                    wrote:

                    > It's a trailer for the upcoming Rose of Versailles movie.
                    > Try searching youtube for "TIAF07 La Rose de Versailles" or see the
                    > embedded vid on livejournal:
                    > http://community. livejournal. com/beru_ bara/60630. html

                    Thank you kindly. Very nice. Very CG. :-)

                    I bet Ikeda's RoV wine goes up in value again. Everytime they do a
                    version of RoV, her goods skyrocket.

                    Looking for yuri manga where the girl gets the girl? ALC Publishing
                    has what you want!
                    http://www.yuricon. org/shop/

                    http://www.yuricon. org

                    Bored stiff? Loosen up...

                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 30, 2007
                      >From: Joy Bordador <haruka173@...>
                      >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                      >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: New Version of Lady Oscar
                      >Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 20:26:04 -0700 (PDT)
                      >
                      >I certainly hope none of you saw the RoV magazine ad for Toyota. I must
                      >admit my respect for both "brands" (if you consider RoV a brand) went down
                      >a few notches. XD; I'll look for it on my HD at home since I remember that
                      >despite the tackiness of it, I decided to save it anyway.

                      I must see this thing.... :-D

                      Watch free concerts with Pink, Rod Stewart, Oasis and more. Visit MSN
                      Presents today.
                      http://music.msn.com/presents?icid=ncmsnpresentstagline&ocid=T002MSN03A07001
                    • Joy Bordador
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 31, 2007
                        Your wish is my command. Don't say I didn't warn you though.

                        Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:
                        >From: Joy Bordador <haruka173@yahoo. com>
                        >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups .com
                        >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: New Version of Lady Oscar
                        >Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 20:26:04 -0700 (PDT)
                        >
                        >I certainly hope none of you saw the RoV magazine ad for Toyota. I must
                        >admit my respect for both "brands" (if you consider RoV a brand) went down
                        >a few notches. XD; I'll look for it on my HD at home since I remember that
                        >despite the tackiness of it, I decided to save it anyway.

                        I must see this thing.... :-D

                        Watch free concerts with Pink, Rod Stewart, Oasis and more. Visit MSN
                        Presents today.
                        http://music. msn.com/presents ?icid=ncmsnprese ntstagline& ocid=T002MSN03A0 7001

                        Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
                        in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 3, 2007
                          >From: Joy Bordador <haruka173@...>
                          >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                          >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: New Version of Lady Oscar
                          >Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 09:31:52 -0700 (PDT)
                          >
                          >Your wish is my command. Don't say I didn't warn you though.

                          Oh. My. God. LOL How brilliant is that?

                          Have I ever mentioned that I love Ikeda Ryoko because she is clearly mad as
                          a porridge knife? She used to have a stunning picture of herself on her
                          website in a dress right out of RoV. Now the picture is much more staid.
                          It's still a cool site thoguh: http://www.ikeda-riyoko-pro.com/

                          Thanks for that picture. I will definitely keep that.

                          $771/month*