Re: [Yuricon] Re: just some interesting book I found

  • XavierV13@crypticrain.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 24, 2007
      atheniag wrote:
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Jekaterina Gudkova" <lightwing47@...>
      wrote:

      Delurking for a bit :)

      I liked Severna Park's "Speaking dreams" and someone else's

      "Daughters of

      the Great Star" trilogy (trilogy as far as I know). The first one is

      Sci-fi

      Was that 'Daughter of the Coral Dawn' (or something of that title)??

      Have you read Jean Steward's Isis series?

      Return to Isis, Isis Rising, Warrior of Isis, Winged Isis, Wizard of Isis. Love Spell is pretty good too, in a sappy kind of way.

      Mostly I read Claire McNab's. And Alex Marcoux's. Pretty good read. :) I like murder mystery.
      I read a tremndous amount of "lesbian" literature as a young Erica (me
      and Sei...it's just kind of creepy) and most of it left me cold(just
      like Sei. lol)

      I did like the classic "Desert Hearts" and bizarrely, I really enjoyed
      "Well of Loneliness". Couldn't read them now, I'm sure.

      I really enjoy classic lesbian pulp novels, just for their
      over-the-topness. Hard to find, but a few about Beebo Brinker have
      been republished and I recommend them.

      I've read that! I got 'The Price of Salt' by Pat Highsmith too.. for some reason I like that book.
      More recently, both "Tipping the Velvet" and "Fingersmith" by Sarah
      Waters were sexy, smart and well-constructed - the last being the
      thing that stops me from recommending much of what I read.

      If you want a more hardcore relationship, with some story thrown in,
      JD Glass' work seems to fit the bill. I reviewed "Red Light" on Okazu
      a few weeks ago. I won't say it *literature* but it was a decent
      enough read. I didn't hate the main character, which says something.

      Erica's novel is actually much better, more dynamic pace and
      selfsecure characters. I am somewhat tired of insecure lesbians.

      I'm thrilled you think so. I was also tired of insecure lesbians. I
      wanted my characters to have been there and done that and come out the
      other side before we ever got to meet them. :-)

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: