Yuricon.org is back up!

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 7 9:45 AM
      What a beautiful thing it is...

      The Yuricon website is up once again. Yay!

      Thanks so very much to Iain, and to chronic, our new host.

      There are things that *may* still be a tad wonky for now, until I get
      everything smoothed out. Yuri Studios will be questionable for a while.
      I hope to get that all in good working order by the end of the weekend.

      Before anyone asks - I can't tell you whne shoujoai.com might be back
      up, I'm not part of that domain and don't know who is working on it.
      But I expect it will be back as soon as all the folks who have
      volunteered to get it back up and running can make it so. :-)

    • Iain Brown
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 7 10:06 AM
        atheniag wrote:

        > What a beautiful thing it is...
        >
        > The Yuricon website is up once again. Yay!

        Umm... as far as I can tell, it isn't :) I think you're still seeing the
        old one. I'm waiting for the Big Switch to activate the backend server.

        On the other hand, my extensive testing of the backend server (hey, I
        can get to "The List" and SnB, what else matters? :)) says that it's
        ready for prime time, as soon as the Big Switch happens.

        --
        A fearless squirrel chittered a margarita, while I was incensed.
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 7 10:18 AM
          >From: Iain Brown <iain@...>
          >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Yuricon.org is back up!
          >Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 12:06:15 -0600
          >
          >atheniag wrote:
          > >

          >Umm... as far as I can tell, it isn't :) I think you're still seeing the
          >old one. I'm waiting for the Big Switch to activate the backend server.

          How weirdtastic.

          >On the other hand, my extensive testing of the backend server (hey, I
          >can get to "The List" and SnB, what else matters? :))

          ....The Shop...

          says that it's
          >ready for prime time, as soon as the Big Switch happens.

          Excellent - I'll hold on iuntil then.

          Win a Zune��make MSN� your homepage for your chance to win!
          http://homepage.msn.com/zune?icid=hmetagline
        • Iain Brown
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 7 10:26 AM
            Erica Friedman wrote:

            >> On the other hand, my extensive testing of the backend server (hey, I
            >> can get to "The List" and SnB, what else matters? :))
            >
            > ....The Shop...

            I did actually check The Shop, but that has less humor value :).
            Unfortunately, it's image-intensive, and I'm testing with a text
            browser, so checking has to wait for the Big Switch. Looked okay, though.

            --
            A fearless squirrel chittered a margarita, while I was incensed.
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 7 10:44 AM
              --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Iain Brown <iain@...> wrote:

              > Erica Friedman wrote:
              >
              > >> On the other hand, my extensive testing of the backend server (hey, I
              > >> can get to "The List" and SnB, what else matters? :))
              > >
              > > ....The Shop...
              >
              > I did actually check The Shop, but that has less humor value :).
              > Unfortunately, it's image-intensive, and I'm testing with a text
              > browser, so checking has to wait for the Big Switch. Looked okay,
              though.

              If you has seen the look on my face, i assure, you would have found it
              humorous. :-)

            • Iain Brown
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 7 10:49 AM
                atheniag wrote:

                > > > ....The Shop...
                > >
                > > I did actually check The Shop, but that has less humor value :).
                > > Unfortunately, it's image-intensive, and I'm testing with a text
                > > browser, so checking has to wait for the Big Switch. Looked okay,
                > though.
                > >

                > If you has seen the look on my face, i assure, you would have found it
                > humorous. :-)

                (hides)

                Incidentally, about The Shop - I reported many months ago that it was
                broken under FireFox, and we figured out that the problem was with AdBlock.

                I'm happy to report that the new FireFox and AdBlock work just fine with
                The Shop, and I'd heartily recommend that everyone head over there to
                test it and buy stuff. (When the site's back, of course...)

                (Will that suffice? :)

                --
                A fearless squirrel chittered a margarita, while I was incensed.
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 7 11:35 AM
                  >From: Iain Brown <iain@...>
                  >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Yuricon.org is back up!
                  >Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 12:49:26 -0600
                  >

                  >Incidentally, about The Shop - I reported many months ago that it was
                  >broken under FireFox, and we figured out that the problem was with AdBlock.
                  >
                  >I'm happy to report that the new FireFox and AdBlock work just fine with
                  >The Shop, and I'd heartily recommend that everyone head over there to
                  >test it and buy stuff. (When the site's back, of course...)
                  >
                  >(Will that suffice? :)

                  Well done! You are back in my good graces. :-)

                  simple tips.
                  http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/PreparationTips/PreparationTips.aspx?icid=HMFebtagline
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 3, 2009
                    Yuricon.org is once again up, thanks for your patience!

                    Thanks also to Nora for hosting us until we find a permanent home. :-)

                    Yuricon - "For real women who like their woman...animated."