RE: [Yuricon] Re: Kashimashi anime licensed by Media Blasters

    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
      >From: "Susan Davis" <futabachan@...>
      >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Kashimashi anime licensed by Media Blasters
      >Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 18:31:52 -0000
      >

      >I *like* Hazumu. And Yasuna, and Tomari. I just thought that the OAV
      >had none of the emotional drama of the series, and the whole "magic
      >Santa" angle was utterly cringe-worthy. Right ending, wrong method.

      Agreed. Except for the whole, boy killed by alien ship, then brough back as
      a girl. It's too convenient to expect the whole to be good when the
      beginning was so darn *silly*. So, really, the end was sort of fitting.

      >Now, if you'd care to feed Nagisa (Strawberry Panic) to a shark, I'd
      >like front row seats for that....

      Me first!

      I commented in the very beginning that the one hand-wave I simply could not
      get past in SP was that no one stabbed Nagisa through the heart.

      The Nagisa of the anime was vile, the manga five times as vile. Oddly, the
      Nagisa of the light novel, in the three pages I've read of her is
      significantly less horrible. I can only assume that I am adding a measure of
      gravitas to her written voice that I couldn't to her anime/manga one.

      Don�t miss your chance to WIN 10 hours of private jet travel from Microsoft�
    • Eric
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
        According to Amazon.com, the first volume of this series is due on
        June 12th--Sincerely, Pachy_Boy
      • silvertenshi24687
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007

          > Now, if you'd care to feed Nagisa (Strawberry Panic) to a shark,
          I'd
          > like front row seats for that....

          no way im not feeding Nagisa-chan to a shark she´s cute if a bit
          naive and sure poor Tamao but Nagi/Shizu is cute, anyways i saw the
          ova already is pretty cute less but just a little ang and tomari
          finally get the girl so bite the way it was made it was awesome.