Re: [Yuricon] Re: Kashimashi anime licensed by Media Blasters

  • Adam Jones
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
      On 02-Mar-2007 15:35 -0000, Susan Davis wrote:
      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Iain Brown <iain@...> wrote:

      > > With or without the unwanted OVA? :)
      >
      > "Oh look -- a shark. Geronimo!"

      Now if they'd fed Hazumu /to/ the shark... *That* I'd pay money to see.
      .oO("you should stop assuming everyone's like you." )
    • Susan Davis
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
        > On 02-Mar-2007 15:35 -0000, Susan Davis wrote:

        > > "Oh look -- a shark. Geronimo!"
        >
        > Now if they'd fed Hazumu /to/ the shark... *That* I'd pay money to
        > see.

        I *like* Hazumu. And Yasuna, and Tomari. I just thought that the OAV
        had none of the emotional drama of the series, and the whole "magic
        Santa" angle was utterly cringe-worthy. Right ending, wrong method.

        Now, if you'd care to feed Nagisa (Strawberry Panic) to a shark, I'd
        like front row seats for that....

        --
        Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
          >From: "Susan Davis" <futabachan@...>
          >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Kashimashi anime licensed by Media Blasters
          >Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 18:31:52 -0000
          >

          >I *like* Hazumu. And Yasuna, and Tomari. I just thought that the OAV
          >had none of the emotional drama of the series, and the whole "magic
          >Santa" angle was utterly cringe-worthy. Right ending, wrong method.

          Agreed. Except for the whole, boy killed by alien ship, then brough back as
          a girl. It's too convenient to expect the whole to be good when the
          beginning was so darn *silly*. So, really, the end was sort of fitting.

          >Now, if you'd care to feed Nagisa (Strawberry Panic) to a shark, I'd
          >like front row seats for that....

          Me first!

          I commented in the very beginning that the one hand-wave I simply could not
          get past in SP was that no one stabbed Nagisa through the heart.

          The Nagisa of the anime was vile, the manga five times as vile. Oddly, the
          Nagisa of the light novel, in the three pages I've read of her is
          significantly less horrible. I can only assume that I am adding a measure of
          gravitas to her written voice that I couldn't to her anime/manga one.

          Don�t miss your chance to WIN 10 hours of private jet travel from Microsoft�
        • Eric
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
            According to Amazon.com, the first volume of this series is due on
            June 12th--Sincerely, Pachy_Boy
          • silvertenshi24687
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007

              > Now, if you'd care to feed Nagisa (Strawberry Panic) to a shark,
              I'd
              > like front row seats for that....

              no way im not feeding Nagisa-chan to a shark she´s cute if a bit
              naive and sure poor Tamao but Nagi/Shizu is cute, anyways i saw the
              ova already is pretty cute less but just a little ang and tomari
              finally get the girl so bite the way it was made it was awesome.