Okazu linked on Afterellen.com

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2007
      Boy, there's nothing like slaving for *years* to bring Yuri news and
      reviews to the world, spending countless hours getting one's name and
      work out there to promote the genre one loves, to find that
      Afterellen.com refers to one as "some blogger." So good for the ego...lol

      Normally when I come in to work, I answer email (all the coherent
      ones, anyway. I save the incoherent ones for later in the day when I'm
      punchy and bored) and check my site stats, you know, stuff that kills
      time while I drink my coffee and come to life.

      Normally, I've got somewhere between 250-300 unique visitors on Okazu
      by the time I look at the stats in the AM. (I'm averaging just over
      1000 unique visitors a day.) Today, at 9AM I was already nearing 500.

      Apparently my review of Yamaji Ebine's manga "Love My Life" and the
      movie based on it were linked on "Best. Lesbian. Week. Ever." where I
      am referred to as "some blogger." LOL Good thing I'm not fragile!!

      Anyway - since my ego just took a hit, I command all of my minions,
      fangirls and sycophants (should be about 6 of you here) to log in to
      Afterellen.com and tell them that I am not just "some blogger" ...and
      then come up with something funny. "Some freakish blogger" or "sub gum
      blogger" (which only works if you say it out loud.)

      Cheers,

      Erica (who wonders if all the folks who have no clue about yuri can
      even follow my blog at all...)
    • Me
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2, 2007

        Hello, delurking once more.... *L*

        I just had to write the editor (as a loyal fangirl to our benevolent leader whose intelligent comments and reviews have been ever so helpful in my quest for more Yuri in the world of Anime/Manga.) *bows gratefully towards the East...* (on the West Coast here!) Thank you very much... so....

        **********************************

        Here's what I sent the editor:

        Hello, I have a feeling you're going to be getting quite a few e-mails regarding this comment of yours. Your reader (who gave you the link) just exposed you to another area of what this site is all about. Yuri, shoujoai, girl x girl love is one genre in the pop culture phenomenon coming over from Japan in the form of Anime (onscreen, movie, TV, etc) and Manga (graphic novels, "comics").

        Erica Friedman (the blogger at okazu.blogspot.com) is actually a very well respected individual in the Yuri community. The site I know her from originally is her Yuricon site: www.anilesbicon.shoujoai.com. I highly rccommend you visit the site and learn more about what is coming over from Japan and how it is influencing people here in the States.

        I'd even go as far as to her her Okazu blog be a regular here for those people looking to expand their exposure to things from another culture and for those of us who just love to see girls get the girls, or just hint that there is girlxgirl love.... *L*  It's all good.

        Hope this helps you expand your horizons and who knows, you might find something you like!

        Just thought I'd share what I had posted.... just an example of mature restraint... not hounding the poor editor who had no clue what she might have brought on herself with the "some blogger" mention...

        Thespi
        The only reason that cats tolerate humans is that they haven't found a
        better slave race, YET.

        "Hey, who tidied the Brimstone?!" HELL, from "Summon the Keeper" by Tanya Huff

        Anyway - since my ego just took a hit, I command all of my minions,
        fangirls and sycophants (should be about 6 of you here) to log in to
        Afterellen.com and tell them that I am not just "some blogger" ...and
        then come up with something funny. "Some freakish blogger" or "sub gum
        blogger" (which only works if you say it out loud.)
        Cheers,

        Erica (who wonders if all the folks who have no clue about yuri can
        even follow my blog at all...)

        Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
        in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 2, 2007
          >From: Me <thethespi@...>
          >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Okazu linked on Afterellen.com
          >Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 12:31:37 -0800 (PST)
          >
          >Hello, delurking once more.... *L*
          >I just had to write the editor (as a loyal fangirl to our benevolent leader
          >whose intelligent comments and reviews have been ever so helpful in my
          >quest for more Yuri in the world of Anime/Manga.) *bows gratefully towards
          >the East...* (on the West Coast here!) Thank you very much... so....

          Well, I was going to write and tell you that you were my new favorite
          sycophant, but I have to give you more credit that that - the entry has now
          been altered to read:

          "according to Yuri blogger Erica Friedman,"

          LOL

          So you, and anyone else who wrote in - thank you. You are all wonderful. :-)

          Cheers,

          A highly amused Erica

          Play Flexicon: the crossword game that feeds your brain. PLAY now for FREE.�
          http://zone.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?icid=flexicon_hmtagline
        • Katie
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 2, 2007
            I also wrote in, they might be contacting you for an article.

            Katie

            On 3/2/07, Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

            > >From: Me <thethespi@...>
            > >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            > >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Okazu linked on Afterellen.com
            > >Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 12:31:37 -0800 (PST)
            > >
            > >Hello, delurking once more.... *L*
            > >I just had to write the editor (as a loyal fangirl to our benevolent leader
            > >whose intelligent comments and reviews have been ever so helpful in my
            > >quest for more Yuri in the world of Anime/Manga.) *bows gratefully towards
            > >the East...* (on the West Coast here!) Thank you very much... so....
            >

            > Well, I was going to write and tell you that you were my new favorite
            > sycophant, but I have to give you more credit that that - the entry has now
            > been altered to read:
            >
            > "according to Yuri blogger Erica Friedman,"
            >
            > LOL
            >
            > So you, and anyone else who wrote in - thank you. You are all wonderful. :-)
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > A highly amused Erica

            People with thick eyebrows need love too!
          • Tim II
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 2, 2007
              Finally, something for me to do(other than defending
              your place as future world leader on message boards),
              and the article is fixed before I have a chance.

              Sincer,

              Tim II

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/4It09A/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/cGIolB/TM

              http://new.mail.yahoo.com
            • Joy Bordador
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 3, 2007
                Well, the site featured our very own "Rome and Juliet" (page 2 of the said article). Considering the Philippines hardly gets good publicity, I'm certainly not complaining. ^_^

                Also, I do not see any link to Erica's blog... >_>0 Did they delete it? What page is it on? I'm getting bleary-eyed trying to find it.

                ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -~->

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                Do you Yahoo!?
                http://new.mail. yahoo.com

                Don't pick lemons.
                See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.

              • Tim II
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 3, 2007
                  It is on the last page of this week's Best. Lesbian,
                  Week. Ever. column. The link is on the main page.

                  --- Joy Bordador <haruka173@...> wrote:

                  > Well, the site featured our very own "Rome and
                  > Juliet" (page 2 of the said article). Considering
                  > the Philippines hardly gets good publicity, I'm
                  > certainly not complaining. ^_^
                  >
                  > Also, I do not see any link to Erica's blog...
                  > >_>0 Did they delete it? What page is it on? I'm
                  > getting bleary-eyed trying to find it.

                  Never miss an email again!
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 3, 2007
                    >From: Katie <spacetart@...>
                    >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Okazu linked on Afterellen.com
                    >Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 21:52:32 -0600
                    >
                    >I also wrote in, they might be contacting you for an article.

                    They've been saying that for months and months. :-)

                    Thnak you all...you all salved my wounded ego - and gave me a good laugh.
                    :-)

                    Find what you need at prices you�ll love. Compare products and save at MSN�
                    Shopping.
                    http://shopping.msn.com/default/shp/?ptnrid=37,ptnrdata=24102&tcode=T001MSN20A0701
                  • Katie
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 3, 2007

                      > >I also wrote in, they might be contacting you for an article.
                      > >

                      > They've been saying that for months and months.

                      Yeah, I know, they're probably sick of me by now! I think you would
                      make a great interview for their "She Said What?!" feature, myself.

                      I'll just keep being persistent. ;)

                      Katie
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 4, 2007
                        >From: Katie <spacetart@...>
                        >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                        >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Okazu linked on Afterellen.com
                        >Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 21:24:54 -0600
                        >

                        > > >I also wrote in, they might be contacting you for an article.
                        > > >

                        > > They've been saying that for months and months.
                        >
                        >Yeah, I know, they're probably sick of me by now! I think you would
                        >make a great interview for their "She Said What?!" feature, myself.
                        >
                        >I'll just keep being persistent. ;)

                        Well done. :-)