Re: A shocking loss to the yuri community

  • torpid_spindity
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2, 2007
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

      > It is with shock and sadness that I write today to let you all know
      of the
      > death of Philip Mak.
      >
      > Philip has been a strong supporter of Yuricon and of Yuri in the
      west for
      > many years, and he will be sorely missed.
      >
      > Among many other things, Philip was the owner of shoujoai.com and
      all of the
      > sites that ran on that server - including the Yuricon website.
      >
      > Philip was in his late twenties. He died of a sudden cerebral
      hemorrhage. I
      > know that he will be missed by many people, including myself.
      >

      > Erica

      SA.com was my wading pool, the place where I first dipped my toes in
      to try the waters of yuri. I'm not sure what to say - it's horrible
      that this happened. What will happen to SA.com, now? I was hoping to
      make some sort of financial contribution - if anyone's in charge of
      that - because it'd be a shame for all his hard work to just disappear
      when payments aren't kept up, or something. I'm sorry if I didn't
      express this well, and hope I didn't offend anyone by doing this. I
      just thought it'd be a nice way to remember him.

      ~abbi,
      scurrying back to lurkerdom
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 2, 2007
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "torpid_spindity"

        > SA.com was my wading pool, the place where I first dipped my toes in
        > to try the waters of yuri. I'm not sure what to say - it's horrible
        > that this happened. What will happen to SA.com, now? I was hoping to
        > make some sort of financial contribution - if anyone's in charge of
        > that - because it'd be a shame for all his hard work to just disappear
        > when payments aren't kept up, or something. I'm sorry if I didn't
        > express this well, and hope I didn't offend anyone by doing this. I
        > just thought it'd be a nice way to remember him.

        The sites hosted by Philip, which include the Yuricon and Yuri Studios
        sites - are being migrated to a new server. I was also planning on
        throwing some money his way for support, so I've made the offer to the
        new host, Chronic. When it's all done and the dust is settled, write
        me at anilesbocon01@... and I'll forward you the info I receive.

        This goes for anyone else who wants to make a contribution. It's not
        flowers for the family - but this is about *this* family, and I think
        it's a fitting way to say goodbye and thank you to Phillip - and thank
        you and hello to Chronic. :-)