RE: [Yuricon] Re: Kashimashi anime licensed by Media Blasters

  • Ellen Kuhfeld
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1, 2007
      I think I'll take doors one AND two, Monty!

      Which is to say, the OVA was indeed stupider than the last episode of the TV series. But it was also more satisfying. Yasuna was perilously close to a pity (romance). Tomari was the one who'd invested her life in the romance.

      Ellen Rose

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1, 2007
        >From: Iain Brown <iain@...>
        >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Kashimashi anime licensed by Media Blasters
        >Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 20:49:04 -0600
        >

        >But it isn't the silliness that keeps me from wanting to see it. I
        >thought the sweetly ambiguous ending of the series was the best part.
        >I'm not going to let the OVA resolution change that :)

        I can't disagree with that. Sometimes a resolution really isn't the point.

        Plus, I'm still convinced that Hazumu in the manga will return to being a
        boy - and I want Yasuna and Tomari to get together. lol

        Play Flexicon: the crossword game that feeds your brain. PLAY now for FREE.�
        http://zone.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?icid=flexicon_hmtagline
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 1, 2007
          From: "Ellen Kuhfeld" <ellen@...>
          >To: <Yuricon@yahoogroups.com>
          >Subject: RE: [Yuricon] Re: Kashimashi anime licensed by Media Blasters
          >Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 20:52:32 -0600
          >
          >I think I'll take doors one AND two, Monty!
          >
          >Which is to say, the OVA was indeed stupider than the last episode of the
          >TV
          >series. But it was also more satisfying. Yasuna was perilously close to a
          >pity (romance). Tomari was the one who'd invested her life in the romance.

          Which I would totally agree with, except for that she didn't decide she was
          in love with Hazumu until after Yasuna decided she loved her. Which (if
          we're going to have a moment of lucid discussion about what was really a
          silly anime) made it feel like simple envy to me.

          I still maintain that Yasuna is the right choice for the wrong reason and
          Tomari is the wrong choice for the right reason.

          Don�t miss your chance to WIN 10 hours of private jet travel from Microsoft�
        • Susan Davis
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Iain Brown <iain@...> wrote:
            > atheniag wrote:
            > >
            > > Just got the inside scoop. It's not announced anywhere else yet, and
            > > it won't be out for a while, but our buddies at Media Blasters have
            > > licensed the Kashimashi ~ Girl Meets Girl anime.
            >
            > With or without the unwanted OVA? :)

            "Oh look -- a shark. Geronimo!"

            --
            Susan Davis <dux@...>
          • Adam Jones
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
              On 02-Mar-2007 15:35 -0000, Susan Davis wrote:
              > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Iain Brown <iain@...> wrote:

              > > With or without the unwanted OVA? :)
              >
              > "Oh look -- a shark. Geronimo!"

              Now if they'd fed Hazumu /to/ the shark... *That* I'd pay money to see.
              .oO("you should stop assuming everyone's like you." )
            • Susan Davis
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
                > On 02-Mar-2007 15:35 -0000, Susan Davis wrote:

                > > "Oh look -- a shark. Geronimo!"
                >
                > Now if they'd fed Hazumu /to/ the shark... *That* I'd pay money to
                > see.

                I *like* Hazumu. And Yasuna, and Tomari. I just thought that the OAV
                had none of the emotional drama of the series, and the whole "magic
                Santa" angle was utterly cringe-worthy. Right ending, wrong method.

                Now, if you'd care to feed Nagisa (Strawberry Panic) to a shark, I'd
                like front row seats for that....

                --
                Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
                  >From: "Susan Davis" <futabachan@...>
                  >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Kashimashi anime licensed by Media Blasters
                  >Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 18:31:52 -0000
                  >

                  >I *like* Hazumu. And Yasuna, and Tomari. I just thought that the OAV
                  >had none of the emotional drama of the series, and the whole "magic
                  >Santa" angle was utterly cringe-worthy. Right ending, wrong method.

                  Agreed. Except for the whole, boy killed by alien ship, then brough back as
                  a girl. It's too convenient to expect the whole to be good when the
                  beginning was so darn *silly*. So, really, the end was sort of fitting.

                  >Now, if you'd care to feed Nagisa (Strawberry Panic) to a shark, I'd
                  >like front row seats for that....

                  Me first!

                  I commented in the very beginning that the one hand-wave I simply could not
                  get past in SP was that no one stabbed Nagisa through the heart.

                  The Nagisa of the anime was vile, the manga five times as vile. Oddly, the
                  Nagisa of the light novel, in the three pages I've read of her is
                  significantly less horrible. I can only assume that I am adding a measure of
                  gravitas to her written voice that I couldn't to her anime/manga one.

                  Don�t miss your chance to WIN 10 hours of private jet travel from Microsoft�
                • Eric
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
                    According to Amazon.com, the first volume of this series is due on
                    June 12th--Sincerely, Pachy_Boy
                  • silvertenshi24687
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007

                      > Now, if you'd care to feed Nagisa (Strawberry Panic) to a shark,
                      I'd
                      > like front row seats for that....

                      no way im not feeding Nagisa-chan to a shark she´s cute if a bit
                      naive and sure poor Tamao but Nagi/Shizu is cute, anyways i saw the
                      ova already is pretty cute less but just a little ang and tomari
                      finally get the girl so bite the way it was made it was awesome.