Re: [Yuricon] Kashimashi anime licensed by Media Blasters

  • Iain Brown
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1, 2007
      atheniag wrote:

      > Hi all -
      >
      > Just got the inside scoop. It's not announced anywhere else yet, and
      > it won't be out for a while, but our buddies at Media Blasters have
      > licensed the Kashimashi ~ Girl Meets Girl anime.

      With or without the unwanted OVA? :)
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1, 2007
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Iain Brown <iain@...> wrote:

        > atheniag wrote:
        > >

        > > Hi all -
        > >
        > > Just got the inside scoop. It's not announced anywhere else yet,
        and
        > > it won't be out for a while, but our buddies at Media Blasters
        have
        > > licensed the Kashimashi ~ Girl Meets Girl anime.
        >
        > With or without the unwanted OVA? :)

        I don't know yet. I don't have Powerpoint on this computer. (My deep
        throat contact sent me the super-secret internal report.) When I
        know, I will let it "leak." :-)

        But you know, I didn't hate that OAV! Sure it was stupid, but hello -
        its series where the guy is killed by an alien ship and brought back
        as a girl? Duh? LOL

      • Iain Brown
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 1, 2007
          atheniag wrote:

          > But you know, I didn't hate that OAV! Sure it was stupid, but hello -
          > its series where the guy is killed by an alien ship and brought back
          > as a girl? Duh? LOL

          Point :)

          But it isn't the silliness that keeps me from wanting to see it. I
          thought the sweetly ambiguous ending of the series was the best part.
          I'm not going to let the OVA resolution change that :)
        • Ellen Kuhfeld
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 1, 2007
            I think I'll take doors one AND two, Monty!

            Which is to say, the OVA was indeed stupider than the last episode of the TV series. But it was also more satisfying. Yasuna was perilously close to a pity (romance). Tomari was the one who'd invested her life in the romance.

            Ellen Rose

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 1, 2007
              >From: Iain Brown <iain@...>
              >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Kashimashi anime licensed by Media Blasters
              >Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 20:49:04 -0600
              >

              >But it isn't the silliness that keeps me from wanting to see it. I
              >thought the sweetly ambiguous ending of the series was the best part.
              >I'm not going to let the OVA resolution change that :)

              I can't disagree with that. Sometimes a resolution really isn't the point.

              Plus, I'm still convinced that Hazumu in the manga will return to being a
              boy - and I want Yasuna and Tomari to get together. lol

              Play Flexicon: the crossword game that feeds your brain. PLAY now for FREE.�
              http://zone.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?icid=flexicon_hmtagline
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 1, 2007
                From: "Ellen Kuhfeld" <ellen@...>
                >To: <Yuricon@yahoogroups.com>
                >Subject: RE: [Yuricon] Re: Kashimashi anime licensed by Media Blasters
                >Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 20:52:32 -0600
                >
                >I think I'll take doors one AND two, Monty!
                >
                >Which is to say, the OVA was indeed stupider than the last episode of the
                >TV
                >series. But it was also more satisfying. Yasuna was perilously close to a
                >pity (romance). Tomari was the one who'd invested her life in the romance.

                Which I would totally agree with, except for that she didn't decide she was
                in love with Hazumu until after Yasuna decided she loved her. Which (if
                we're going to have a moment of lucid discussion about what was really a
                silly anime) made it feel like simple envy to me.

                I still maintain that Yasuna is the right choice for the wrong reason and
                Tomari is the wrong choice for the right reason.

                Don�t miss your chance to WIN 10 hours of private jet travel from Microsoft�
              • Susan Davis
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
                  --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Iain Brown <iain@...> wrote:
                  > atheniag wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Just got the inside scoop. It's not announced anywhere else yet, and
                  > > it won't be out for a while, but our buddies at Media Blasters have
                  > > licensed the Kashimashi ~ Girl Meets Girl anime.
                  >
                  > With or without the unwanted OVA? :)

                  "Oh look -- a shark. Geronimo!"

                  --
                  Susan Davis <dux@...>
                • Adam Jones
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
                    On 02-Mar-2007 15:35 -0000, Susan Davis wrote:
                    > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Iain Brown <iain@...> wrote:

                    > > With or without the unwanted OVA? :)
                    >
                    > "Oh look -- a shark. Geronimo!"

                    Now if they'd fed Hazumu /to/ the shark... *That* I'd pay money to see.
                    .oO("you should stop assuming everyone's like you." )
                  • Susan Davis
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
                      > On 02-Mar-2007 15:35 -0000, Susan Davis wrote:

                      > > "Oh look -- a shark. Geronimo!"
                      >
                      > Now if they'd fed Hazumu /to/ the shark... *That* I'd pay money to
                      > see.

                      I *like* Hazumu. And Yasuna, and Tomari. I just thought that the OAV
                      had none of the emotional drama of the series, and the whole "magic
                      Santa" angle was utterly cringe-worthy. Right ending, wrong method.

                      Now, if you'd care to feed Nagisa (Strawberry Panic) to a shark, I'd
                      like front row seats for that....

                      --
                      Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
                        >From: "Susan Davis" <futabachan@...>
                        >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                        >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Kashimashi anime licensed by Media Blasters
                        >Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 18:31:52 -0000
                        >

                        >I *like* Hazumu. And Yasuna, and Tomari. I just thought that the OAV
                        >had none of the emotional drama of the series, and the whole "magic
                        >Santa" angle was utterly cringe-worthy. Right ending, wrong method.

                        Agreed. Except for the whole, boy killed by alien ship, then brough back as
                        a girl. It's too convenient to expect the whole to be good when the
                        beginning was so darn *silly*. So, really, the end was sort of fitting.

                        >Now, if you'd care to feed Nagisa (Strawberry Panic) to a shark, I'd
                        >like front row seats for that....

                        Me first!

                        I commented in the very beginning that the one hand-wave I simply could not
                        get past in SP was that no one stabbed Nagisa through the heart.

                        The Nagisa of the anime was vile, the manga five times as vile. Oddly, the
                        Nagisa of the light novel, in the three pages I've read of her is
                        significantly less horrible. I can only assume that I am adding a measure of
                        gravitas to her written voice that I couldn't to her anime/manga one.

                        Don�t miss your chance to WIN 10 hours of private jet travel from Microsoft�
                      • Eric
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
                          According to Amazon.com, the first volume of this series is due on
                          June 12th--Sincerely, Pachy_Boy
                        • silvertenshi24687
                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007

                            > Now, if you'd care to feed Nagisa (Strawberry Panic) to a shark,
                            I'd
                            > like front row seats for that....

                            no way im not feeding Nagisa-chan to a shark she´s cute if a bit
                            naive and sure poor Tamao but Nagi/Shizu is cute, anyways i saw the
                            ova already is pretty cute less but just a little ang and tomari
                            finally get the girl so bite the way it was made it was awesome.