Kashimashi anime licensed by Media Blasters

    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1, 2007
      Hi all -

      Just got the inside scoop. It's not announced anywhere else yet, and
      it won't be out for a while, but our buddies at Media Blasters have
      licensed the Kashimashi ~ Girl Meets Girl anime.

    • Iain Brown
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1, 2007
        atheniag wrote:

        > Hi all -
        >
        > Just got the inside scoop. It's not announced anywhere else yet, and
        > it won't be out for a while, but our buddies at Media Blasters have
        > licensed the Kashimashi ~ Girl Meets Girl anime.

        With or without the unwanted OVA? :)
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 1, 2007
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Iain Brown <iain@...> wrote:

          > atheniag wrote:
          > >

          > > Hi all -
          > >
          > > Just got the inside scoop. It's not announced anywhere else yet,
          and
          > > it won't be out for a while, but our buddies at Media Blasters
          have
          > > licensed the Kashimashi ~ Girl Meets Girl anime.
          >
          > With or without the unwanted OVA? :)

          I don't know yet. I don't have Powerpoint on this computer. (My deep
          throat contact sent me the super-secret internal report.) When I
          know, I will let it "leak." :-)

          But you know, I didn't hate that OAV! Sure it was stupid, but hello -
          its series where the guy is killed by an alien ship and brought back
          as a girl? Duh? LOL

        • Iain Brown
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 1, 2007
            atheniag wrote:

            > But you know, I didn't hate that OAV! Sure it was stupid, but hello -
            > its series where the guy is killed by an alien ship and brought back
            > as a girl? Duh? LOL

            Point :)

            But it isn't the silliness that keeps me from wanting to see it. I
            thought the sweetly ambiguous ending of the series was the best part.
            I'm not going to let the OVA resolution change that :)
          • Ellen Kuhfeld
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 1, 2007
              I think I'll take doors one AND two, Monty!

              Which is to say, the OVA was indeed stupider than the last episode of the TV series. But it was also more satisfying. Yasuna was perilously close to a pity (romance). Tomari was the one who'd invested her life in the romance.

              Ellen Rose

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 1, 2007
                >From: Iain Brown <iain@...>
                >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Kashimashi anime licensed by Media Blasters
                >Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 20:49:04 -0600
                >

                >But it isn't the silliness that keeps me from wanting to see it. I
                >thought the sweetly ambiguous ending of the series was the best part.
                >I'm not going to let the OVA resolution change that :)

                I can't disagree with that. Sometimes a resolution really isn't the point.

                Plus, I'm still convinced that Hazumu in the manga will return to being a
                boy - and I want Yasuna and Tomari to get together. lol

                Play Flexicon: the crossword game that feeds your brain. PLAY now for FREE.�
                http://zone.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?icid=flexicon_hmtagline
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 1, 2007
                  From: "Ellen Kuhfeld" <ellen@...>
                  >To: <Yuricon@yahoogroups.com>
                  >Subject: RE: [Yuricon] Re: Kashimashi anime licensed by Media Blasters
                  >Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 20:52:32 -0600
                  >
                  >I think I'll take doors one AND two, Monty!
                  >
                  >Which is to say, the OVA was indeed stupider than the last episode of the
                  >TV
                  >series. But it was also more satisfying. Yasuna was perilously close to a
                  >pity (romance). Tomari was the one who'd invested her life in the romance.

                  Which I would totally agree with, except for that she didn't decide she was
                  in love with Hazumu until after Yasuna decided she loved her. Which (if
                  we're going to have a moment of lucid discussion about what was really a
                  silly anime) made it feel like simple envy to me.

                  I still maintain that Yasuna is the right choice for the wrong reason and
                  Tomari is the wrong choice for the right reason.

                  Don�t miss your chance to WIN 10 hours of private jet travel from Microsoft�
                • Susan Davis
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
                    --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Iain Brown <iain@...> wrote:
                    > atheniag wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Just got the inside scoop. It's not announced anywhere else yet, and
                    > > it won't be out for a while, but our buddies at Media Blasters have
                    > > licensed the Kashimashi ~ Girl Meets Girl anime.
                    >
                    > With or without the unwanted OVA? :)

                    "Oh look -- a shark. Geronimo!"

                    --
                    Susan Davis <dux@...>
                  • Adam Jones
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
                      On 02-Mar-2007 15:35 -0000, Susan Davis wrote:
                      > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Iain Brown <iain@...> wrote:

                      > > With or without the unwanted OVA? :)
                      >
                      > "Oh look -- a shark. Geronimo!"

                      Now if they'd fed Hazumu /to/ the shark... *That* I'd pay money to see.
                      .oO("you should stop assuming everyone's like you." )
                    • Susan Davis
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
                        > On 02-Mar-2007 15:35 -0000, Susan Davis wrote:

                        > > "Oh look -- a shark. Geronimo!"
                        >
                        > Now if they'd fed Hazumu /to/ the shark... *That* I'd pay money to
                        > see.

                        I *like* Hazumu. And Yasuna, and Tomari. I just thought that the OAV
                        had none of the emotional drama of the series, and the whole "magic
                        Santa" angle was utterly cringe-worthy. Right ending, wrong method.

                        Now, if you'd care to feed Nagisa (Strawberry Panic) to a shark, I'd
                        like front row seats for that....

                        --
                        Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
                          >From: "Susan Davis" <futabachan@...>
                          >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                          >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Kashimashi anime licensed by Media Blasters
                          >Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 18:31:52 -0000
                          >

                          >I *like* Hazumu. And Yasuna, and Tomari. I just thought that the OAV
                          >had none of the emotional drama of the series, and the whole "magic
                          >Santa" angle was utterly cringe-worthy. Right ending, wrong method.

                          Agreed. Except for the whole, boy killed by alien ship, then brough back as
                          a girl. It's too convenient to expect the whole to be good when the
                          beginning was so darn *silly*. So, really, the end was sort of fitting.

                          >Now, if you'd care to feed Nagisa (Strawberry Panic) to a shark, I'd
                          >like front row seats for that....

                          Me first!

                          I commented in the very beginning that the one hand-wave I simply could not
                          get past in SP was that no one stabbed Nagisa through the heart.

                          The Nagisa of the anime was vile, the manga five times as vile. Oddly, the
                          Nagisa of the light novel, in the three pages I've read of her is
                          significantly less horrible. I can only assume that I am adding a measure of
                          gravitas to her written voice that I couldn't to her anime/manga one.

                          Don�t miss your chance to WIN 10 hours of private jet travel from Microsoft�
                        • Eric
                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007
                            According to Amazon.com, the first volume of this series is due on
                            June 12th--Sincerely, Pachy_Boy
                          • silvertenshi24687
                            Message 13 of 13 , Mar 2, 2007

                              > Now, if you'd care to feed Nagisa (Strawberry Panic) to a shark,
                              I'd
                              > like front row seats for that....

                              no way im not feeding Nagisa-chan to a shark she´s cute if a bit
                              naive and sure poor Tamao but Nagi/Shizu is cute, anyways i saw the
                              ova already is pretty cute less but just a little ang and tomari
                              finally get the girl so bite the way it was made it was awesome.