Re: A shocking loss to the yuri community

  • blue5ky
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2007
      It is a great loss. I don't know him personally, but I've heard of his
      great works and his efforts to support Yuri. He will be missed.
    • torpid_spindity
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 2, 2007
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

        > It is with shock and sadness that I write today to let you all know
        of the
        > death of Philip Mak.
        >
        > Philip has been a strong supporter of Yuricon and of Yuri in the
        west for
        > many years, and he will be sorely missed.
        >
        > Among many other things, Philip was the owner of shoujoai.com and
        all of the
        > sites that ran on that server - including the Yuricon website.
        >
        > Philip was in his late twenties. He died of a sudden cerebral
        hemorrhage. I
        > know that he will be missed by many people, including myself.
        >

        > Erica

        SA.com was my wading pool, the place where I first dipped my toes in
        to try the waters of yuri. I'm not sure what to say - it's horrible
        that this happened. What will happen to SA.com, now? I was hoping to
        make some sort of financial contribution - if anyone's in charge of
        that - because it'd be a shame for all his hard work to just disappear
        when payments aren't kept up, or something. I'm sorry if I didn't
        express this well, and hope I didn't offend anyone by doing this. I
        just thought it'd be a nice way to remember him.

        ~abbi,
        scurrying back to lurkerdom
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2, 2007
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "torpid_spindity"

          > SA.com was my wading pool, the place where I first dipped my toes in
          > to try the waters of yuri. I'm not sure what to say - it's horrible
          > that this happened. What will happen to SA.com, now? I was hoping to
          > make some sort of financial contribution - if anyone's in charge of
          > that - because it'd be a shame for all his hard work to just disappear
          > when payments aren't kept up, or something. I'm sorry if I didn't
          > express this well, and hope I didn't offend anyone by doing this. I
          > just thought it'd be a nice way to remember him.

          The sites hosted by Philip, which include the Yuricon and Yuri Studios
          sites - are being migrated to a new server. I was also planning on
          throwing some money his way for support, so I've made the offer to the
          new host, Chronic. When it's all done and the dust is settled, write
          me at anilesbocon01@... and I'll forward you the info I receive.

          This goes for anyone else who wants to make a contribution. It's not
          flowers for the family - but this is about *this* family, and I think
          it's a fitting way to say goodbye and thank you to Phillip - and thank
          you and hello to Chronic. :-)