Re: A shocking loss to the yuri community

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2007
      He was that young? I offer my condolences, since shoujoai.com was a
      website that I visited before I found out about Yuricon; it's a good
      site that should keep running.--Sincerely, Pachy_Boy
    • blue5ky
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2007
        It is a great loss. I don't know him personally, but I've heard of his
        great works and his efforts to support Yuri. He will be missed.
      • torpid_spindity
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2, 2007
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

          > It is with shock and sadness that I write today to let you all know
          of the
          > death of Philip Mak.
          >
          > Philip has been a strong supporter of Yuricon and of Yuri in the
          west for
          > many years, and he will be sorely missed.
          >
          > Among many other things, Philip was the owner of shoujoai.com and
          all of the
          > sites that ran on that server - including the Yuricon website.
          >
          > Philip was in his late twenties. He died of a sudden cerebral
          hemorrhage. I
          > know that he will be missed by many people, including myself.
          >

          > Erica

          SA.com was my wading pool, the place where I first dipped my toes in
          to try the waters of yuri. I'm not sure what to say - it's horrible
          that this happened. What will happen to SA.com, now? I was hoping to
          make some sort of financial contribution - if anyone's in charge of
          that - because it'd be a shame for all his hard work to just disappear
          when payments aren't kept up, or something. I'm sorry if I didn't
          express this well, and hope I didn't offend anyone by doing this. I
          just thought it'd be a nice way to remember him.

          ~abbi,
          scurrying back to lurkerdom
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 2, 2007
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "torpid_spindity"

            > SA.com was my wading pool, the place where I first dipped my toes in
            > to try the waters of yuri. I'm not sure what to say - it's horrible
            > that this happened. What will happen to SA.com, now? I was hoping to
            > make some sort of financial contribution - if anyone's in charge of
            > that - because it'd be a shame for all his hard work to just disappear
            > when payments aren't kept up, or something. I'm sorry if I didn't
            > express this well, and hope I didn't offend anyone by doing this. I
            > just thought it'd be a nice way to remember him.

            The sites hosted by Philip, which include the Yuricon and Yuri Studios
            sites - are being migrated to a new server. I was also planning on
            throwing some money his way for support, so I've made the offer to the
            new host, Chronic. When it's all done and the dust is settled, write
            me at anilesbocon01@... and I'll forward you the info I receive.

            This goes for anyone else who wants to make a contribution. It's not
            flowers for the family - but this is about *this* family, and I think
            it's a fitting way to say goodbye and thank you to Phillip - and thank
            you and hello to Chronic. :-)