Re: [Yuricon] Shoujo-Ai Anime Series

  • Sethite Set
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 22, 2007
      I may help with some mangas,  probably they're near the topioc you mentioned than most of the anime.
      Some poeple mentioned here Utena or Kannaduki no Miko. I may add Brother, Dear Brother (anyone remembers, dudes? too old for ya?), that one of the most psychological shoujo-ai series I 've ever saw. Well, next, if you liked Noir search for Madlax, same crew, same music author, almost the same story and almost the same heroes.
      And where the hell did youd found shoujo-ai in Witch Hunter Robin?
      regards
      Sethite

      Matthew Daring <kyuubinoheru@...> wrote:
      I was wondering if anyone could suggest some good series of Shoujo-Ai where the relationships are more serious, or, at the least, a bit more than just implied. I'm not requesting Hentai by any means, but I'm not opposed to it if there's an actual story line and the relationships are developed nicely instead of being simple smut. I've already watched, or in the process of watching, Maria-Sama Ga Miteru, Mai Hime, Strawberry Panic, Noir, Witch Hunter Robin, and while being great series, the Shoujo-Ai was never really apparent enough for my tastes. Are there any titles where it goes beyond a little infatuation, and blatantly shown?

      Be a PS3 game guru.

      Don't pick lemons.
      See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 22, 2007
        >Matthew Daring <kyuubinoheru@...> wrote:

        I was wondering if anyone could suggest some good series of Shoujo-Ai
        where the relationships are more serious, or, at the least, a bit more than
        just implied. I'm not requesting Hentai by any means, but I'm not opposed to
        it if there's an actual story line and the relationships are developed
        nicely instead of being simple smut. I've already watched, or in the process
        of watching, Maria-Sama Ga Miteru, Mai Hime, Strawberry Panic, Noir, Witch
        Hunter Robin, and while being great series, the Shoujo-Ai was never really
        apparent enough for my tastes. Are there any titles where it goes beyond a
        little infatuation, and blatantly shown?

        I fear that, if Strawberry panic was too subtle for you, than you're not
        going to find more of what you are looking for that isn't at least softcore.

        The main suggestions have already been made, so I won't repeat. The bottom
        line is that the less subtle the relationship in anime to date, the more
        craptastic the anime.

        The day that "Shoujoai ni Bouken" becomes an anime and we're able to see
        Yuriko strut her stuff on the screen is the day we'll have the anime we
        *really* want.

      • Matthew Daring
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 22, 2007
          Yes, the Shoujo-Ai in Strawberry Panic was obvious, I found it a rather enjoyable anime to watch. It does delve into it much more than other series have done, I guess what I am truly looking for are not series were Shoujo-Ai dominates every aspect more so that the F/F relationships are not onesided or merely hinted at. I'm not looking for couples that are immediately paired off without at least a little insight and development of their relationships, just that when it comes time when their relationship does develop, the anime won't shy away from that aspect.

          Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:

          >Matthew Daring <kyuubinoheru@ yahoo.com> wrote:

          I was wondering if anyone could suggest some good series of Shoujo-Ai
          where the relationships are more serious, or, at the least, a bit more than
          just implied. I'm not requesting Hentai by any means, but I'm not opposed to
          it if there's an actual story line and the relationships are developed
          nicely instead of being simple smut. I've already watched, or in the process
          of watching, Maria-Sama Ga Miteru, Mai Hime, Strawberry Panic, Noir, Witch
          Hunter Robin, and while being great series, the Shoujo-Ai was never really
          apparent enough for my tastes. Are there any titles where it goes beyond a
          little infatuation, and blatantly shown?

          I fear that, if Strawberry panic was too subtle for you, than you're not
          going to find more of what you are looking for that isn't at least softcore.

          The main suggestions have already been made, so I won't repeat. The bottom
          line is that the less subtle the relationship in anime to date, the more
          craptastic the anime.

          The day that "Shoujoai ni Bouken" becomes an anime and we're able to see
          Yuriko strut her stuff on the screen is the day we'll have the anime we
          *really* want.

          http://www.yuricon. org

          "World Shaking" Fanfic - http://www.worldsha king.net
          The Fanfic Revolution - http://www.fanficre volution. org

          http://www.freecred itreport. com/pm/default. aspx?sc=660600& bcd=EMAILFOOTERA VERAGE

          Looking for earth-friendly autos?

        • Jekaterina Gudkova
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 23, 2007
            (Delurking for just this highly important bit..)

            So, when will that happen? Dear Erica, do you consider that a possibility?
            It would be great. Even as a live movie. Do you need contributions or help
            of any kind? It is a great idea, after all..

            Wanted to write and thank you for Yuriko some time now. Well written. Would
            be nice to see.

            Kat

            The world is a comedy to her who thinks, and a tragedy to her who feels.

            >From: "Erica Friedman" <alecto_fury@...>
            >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Shoujo-Ai Anime Series
            >Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 08:38:20 -0500
            >

            > >Matthew Daring <kyuubinoheru@...> wrote:
            >
            > I was wondering if anyone could suggest some good series of Shoujo-Ai
            >where the relationships are more serious, or, at the least, a bit more than
            >just implied. I'm not requesting Hentai by any means, but I'm not opposed
            >it if there's an actual story line and the relationships are developed
            >nicely instead of being simple smut. I've already watched, or in the
            >process
            >of watching, Maria-Sama Ga Miteru, Mai Hime, Strawberry Panic, Noir, Witch
            >Hunter Robin, and while being great series, the Shoujo-Ai was never really
            >apparent enough for my tastes. Are there any titles where it goes beyond a
            >little infatuation, and blatantly shown?
            > >

            >I fear that, if Strawberry panic was too subtle for you, than you're not
            >going to find more of what you are looking for that isn't at least
            >softcore.
            >
            >The main suggestions have already been made, so I won't repeat. The bottom
            >line is that the less subtle the relationship in anime to date, the more
            >craptastic the anime.
            >
            >The day that "Shoujoai ni Bouken" becomes an anime and we're able to see
            >Yuriko strut her stuff on the screen is the day we'll have the anime we
            >*really* want.
            >
            >Cheers,
            >
            >Erica
            >
            >Yuricon - "For real women who like their women...animated."
            >http://www.yuricon.org
            >

            >"World Shaking" Fanfic - http://www.worldshaking.net
            >The Fanfic Revolution - http://www.fanficrevolution.org
            >
            >Because fanfic does not have to suck

            >The average US Credit Score is 675. The cost to see yours: $0 by Experian.
            >http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=660600&bcd=EMAILFOOTERAVERAGE

            Opret en personlig blog og del dine billeder p� MSN Spaces:
            http://spaces.msn.com/
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 23, 2007
              >From: "Jekaterina Gudkova" <lightwing47@...>
              >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Shoujo-Ai Anime Series
              >Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:34:27 +0100
              >
              >(Delurking for just this highly important bit..)
              >
              >So, when will that happen? Dear Erica, do you consider that a possibility?
              >It would be great. Even as a live movie. Do you need contributions or help
              >of any kind? It is a great idea, after all..

              ....How can I answer this?

              Let's just say that, while some things may be highly improbable, nothing is
              impossible.

              >Wanted to write and thank you for Yuriko some time now. Well written. Would
              >be nice to see.

              Thanks!

              Want a degree but can't afford to quit? Top school degrees online - in as
              fast as 1 year
              http://forms.nextag.com/goto.jsp?url=/serv/main/buyer/education.jsp?doSearch=n&tm=y&search=education_text_links_88_h288c&s=4079&p=5116