Re: [Yuricon] Welcome to our newest members!

  • Jamie Wells
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 17, 2007
      Jamie!!!  My name is Jamie too!  and I'm from Michigan!! (Whoa)

      Though I'm currently living in Tennessee (I'll be moving back up to the ol' great lakes state this summer)

      Yay for lurking though!  =D

      Jamie <kyuketshki@...> wrote:
      Well, I've been lurking about for quite some while and it is probably time that I say 'hello'.
      I live in a remote little village (not town) in Michigan.
      I make cosplay costumes, AMV's, and other art... on a dialup connection.
      I have enjoyed this community very much and I may soon start venturing on to post comments and thoughts soon...

      atheniag <anilesbocon01@ hotmail.com> wrote:
      Well, we're officially over 1600 members on this list. As you know,
      membership grants all the lesbians magic powers - the rest of you are
      free to be in awe. :-)

      Seriously, I think it's a good time to take a moment, welcome all the
      new folks, remind them that our code of conduct and frequently asked
      questions about this list can be found at:
      http://www.yuricon. org/faq.html

      In short, we wlecome all even remotely related posts about yuri n any
      media, and general chit chat is acceptable. Insulting, stupid or
      selfish behavior will be punished swiftly. I do not suffer fools
      gladly. :-)

      Please feel free to step forward and intro yourself. As always, I
      will begin, because I believe in leading by example.

      My name is Erica Friedman, I am the list owner. I also founded
      Yuricon and ALC Publsihing (http://www.yuricon. org), write yuri
      reviews at Okazu (http://okazu. blogspot. com) and in my ever
      decreasing free time, write yuri fanfic (http://www.worldsha king.net).

      My favorite couple ever from yuri anime is and always will be Haruka
      and Michiru, Sailors Uranus and Neptune, from Sailor Moon.

      My favorite manga couple - that's harder. Yohko and Asuka from Hana
      no Asuka-gumi, Tsumugi and Letty from Kotonoha no Miko to Kotodama no
      Majyo to...

      My favorite series across the board, Maria-sama ga Miteru. Hands down.

      Welcome to the least suckiest group fo people on the internet - we
      look forward to meeting you!

      Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

    • hazel.silk
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 18, 2007
        Ditto!!
        I think i went thru the exact same thing.. Well, one thing led to
        another, and here i am..
        Felt like it's time to at least post something, so yeah..
        Just wanted to give a shout out to the members out there and Erica,
        for keeping me alive with your reviews and comments when i'm bored
        out of my wits! :)

        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "farr_eina" <farr_eina@...> wrote:

        > Hi! I'm Farreina. I found this site from okazu blogspot and I've
        > noticed that this site is also belongs to Erica.
        >
        > My first yuri anime is Strawberry Panic. In my searching on SP, I
        > found Maria-sama Ga Miteru and I'm already falling in loves with
        it.
        > I just watched Marimite OVA 1 and looking forward to watch
        Marimite OVA 2.

        > In SP, I like Shizuma x Nagisa pairing and in Marimite,
        > I like Sachiko x Yumi pairing. But, I think Sei is rocks!!
        > Compared to SP, I think I likes all the characters in Marimite.
        >
        > Right now, I'm looking forward to read all the Marimite novels.
        >
        > Gokigenyo!! ^_^

      • Tero Heikkinen
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 19, 2007
          Ohayou gozaimasu, minna-sama!

          Guess I should introduce myself. Especially since I
          have been lurking here a while already. *sweatdrop*

          My name is Tero, I'm a boy-type person, and I like
          romantic stories. My first encounter with the Way of
          the Lily was at the 2005 Worldcon in Glasgow, where I
          saw The Adolescence of Utena. My favourite couple is
          in fact Yuriko+Midori, with Utena+Anthy a close
          second. And I'm not saying that just to ingratiate
          myself to Erica-sensei.

          That, I think, is all there is to tell about me. I am
          a rather boring person.

          Cheers,
          Tero

          +.sig of Tero Heikkinen
          Ash OS durbatuluk, ash OS gimbatul...

          Bored stiff? Loosen up...
          http://games.yahoo.com/games/front
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 19, 2007
            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Tero Heikkinen <kivisuo@...> wrote:

            > My favourite couple is
            > in fact Yuriko+Midori, with Utena+Anthy a close
            > second. And I'm not saying that just to ingratiate
            > myself to Erica-sensei.

            No, but it works anyway. :-) You're now my new favorite sycophant,
            since Sean and Adam have been slacking recently in their worsjip of
            me. LOL

          • Tero Heikkinen
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 22, 2007
              atheniag <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:

              > No, but it works anyway. :-) You're now my new
              > favorite sycophant,
              > since Sean and Adam have been slacking recently in
              > their worsjip of
              > me. LOL

              Eeee! I've always wanted to be a sycophant! *fawns on
              Erica-sensei*

              Cheers,
              Tero

              +.sig of Tero Heikkinen