Re: [Yuricon] Utena: the manga (Writen World)

  • Sethite Set
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2007
      Right, funny. My friend told me few days ago that in his country Utena is going to published soon and publisher is annoucing it as "Romantic Comedy".
      regards
      Sethite

      Jen <puni@...> wrote:
      RE: Utena (the manga)

      http://ragnell.blogspot.com

      "I'll probably rent the anime just to see how much differently
      everything works out with the character sexuality realigned. But in
      the manga, it lines up so that the bisexual characters get to advance,
      but the straight (by which I mean strictly) heterosexual characters
      get caught up, and the straight homosexual side-characters don't ever
      make it to floating upside-down castle."

      "So I wonder, is there a point to that particular division? Was not
      embracing both genders romantically a sign of being blind/unaccepting
      of divinity and destiny in this book? Or was it simply because these
      three characters were minor, they just weren't important enough to get
      a samesex relationship or an epiphany?"

      Fun read. ^__^

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
      Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
      (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
      mailto:Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Don't pick lemons.
      See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.