Re: [Yuricon] Tactical Roar - Revisited

  • Chalcahuite
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007
      On Feb 6, 2007, at 6:00 PM, Erica Friedman wrote:

      . And btw - you made P laugh out loud. :-)

      Score! That made my day. ;)
    • gee pal
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
        I do agree with Serge on that. It was totally lame
        and even so with the idea that its gonna be 1 guy
        surrounded by so many women that will end up with few
        of them vying for his love,etc. wateva. I deleted the
        whole thing after I watched a few eps.
        And thanks Serge for making my nite. I laughed out of
        my chair with the 'more entertained watching it
        download'. That was funny hahahahahaaa :P

        --- Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:

        > On Feb 6, 2007, at 11:59 AM, Erica Friedman wrote:
        >

        > > From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>
        > >> To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        > >> Subject: [Yuricon] Tactical Roar - Revisited
        > >> Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 12:15:55 -0500
        > >
        > >> So, there you go. It's unlicensed, but there's a
        > batch torrent of
        > >> this
        > >> still available, since Yoroshiku only finished
        > subbing it around
        > >> Christmas. You can find it at the usual places.
        > >>

        > > Okay, so I'm home sick and bored out of my mind.
        > Is it worth
        > > watching? You
        > > know my predelictions. :-)
        >
        > Only if you're *really* bored. Like I said, it's
        > so-so. You'd
        > probably find the fan-service grating and most of
        > the characters
        > annoying and worthless. You might be more
        > entertained watching it
        > download.
        >
        > -==-
        > Serge
        > http://ximatl.blogspot.com
        > http://albikal.blogspot.com

        Cheap talk?
        http://voice.yahoo.com
      • shenotski
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
          I also suggest Y:the lastman the titles basicly about every man on
          earth dieing except for Yorick Brown and what happens to the world
          after that. There's a good amount of yuri in this along with gender
          bending. Including the main charecter Dr.Mann who's very much a lesbian.

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y:_The_Last_Man
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
            >From: "shenotski" <duomaxwell@...>
            >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Yuri alert?
            >Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 09:47:52 -0000
            >
            >I also suggest Y:the lastman the titles basicly about every man on
            >earth dieing except for Yorick Brown and what happens to the world
            >after that. There's a good amount of yuri in this along with gender
            >bending. Including the main charecter Dr.Mann who's very much a lesbian.
            >
            >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y:_The_Last_Man

            It's not a bad series. I did a review of it at Okazu, where I pointed out
            that, for a pretty decent series, it still had a lot of incredibly stupid
            things going on. lol

            Dr. Mann is a good lesbian character, with cutting wit, and it's not her
            fault that she's given an incredibly stupid backstory. :-)

            http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemtagline_donation&FORM=WLMTAG
          • rwslaugh
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
              > >I also suggest Y:the lastman the titles basicly about every man on
              > >earth dieing except for Yorick Brown and what happens to the world
              > >after that. There's a good amount of yuri in this along with gender
              > >bending. Including the main charecter Dr.Mann who's very much a
              lesbian.

              > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y:_The_Last_Man
              > >

              > It's not a bad series. I did a review of it at Okazu, where I
              pointed out
              > that, for a pretty decent series, it still had a lot of incredibly
              stupid
              > things going on. lol
              >
              > Dr. Mann is a good lesbian character, with cutting wit, and it's not
              her
              > fault that she's given an incredibly stupid backstory. :-)

              Have you read Strangers in Paradise by Terry Moore? The series is
              coming to a close soon. One of the main characters is bi-sexual with
              a preference for women. The story, characters, and art are all good.
              You should give it a look!

              Regards,

              Bob
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
                >From: "rwslaugh" <rwslaugh@...>
                >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Yuri alert?
                >Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 18:15:29 -0000
                >
                >Have you read Strangers in Paradise by Terry Moore? The series is
                >coming to a close soon. One of the main characters is bi-sexual with
                >a preference for women. The story, characters, and art are all good.
                > You should give it a look!

                Stacy, one of the Yuricon staffers, tried to get me into it a while back,
                but my system rejected the implant. :-)

                I'm sorry to say, I really can't agree with you about the characters. As I
                mention in Okazu from time to time, my one real measure of a series of any
                kind is, "Would I want any of these people over my house for lunch?" And the
                resounding answer for SiP is, "hell no." LOL

                http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemtagline_donation&FORM=WLMTAG
              • kyanite_d
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 9, 2007
                  --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:

                  > You might be more entertained watching it
                  > download.

                  Pffft!

                  "Worth"? No.
                  So-so? Yes.

                  [Thinking rationally about it I'd have to agree with Serge, but I
                  fail/refuse to be rational when it comes to anime/manga.]

                  It might make boredom less boring for a day or two, depending on how
                  much you can take in one sitting. I liked it, I liked the battle/
                  action scenes, the orchestral pieces of the OST, the sisters, Cloe,
                  Tanya, and also Nana-nee. I think it has its moments.

                  The fanservice in other anime has bothered me more, and the setup/
                  plot idea was interesting, even if it wasn't developed to its full
                  potential. *shrugs* I liked it better than Strawberry Panic *dodges
                  the tomatoes* :D Like I said, different standards and all... But is
                  is definitely more entertaining than the download. *pouts*

                  Snippets from the OST:
                  http://www.goear.com/listen.php?v=a902536
                  http://www.goear.com/listen.php?v=16e37d9
                  http://www.goear.com/listen.php?v=9a8a02a
                • Chalcahuite
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 9, 2007
                    On Feb 9, 2007, at 3:48 AM, kyanite_d wrote:

                    --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:

                    You know my predelictions. :-)

                    You might be more entertained watching it
                    download.

                    Pffft!

                    "Worth"? No.
                    So-so? Yes.

                    I guess it's my fault. I should have put a disclaimer like "YMMV" or something.  Since I was really just addressing Erica albeit in a public forum.

                    So, let me be clear now. Erica might be more entertained watching it download, as for the rest of you: Your Mileage May Vary.

                    I liked it, I liked the battle/
                    action scenes, the orchestral pieces of the OST, the sisters, Cloe,
                    Tanya, and also Nana-nee. I think it has its moments.

                    I didn't hate it and yes it had its moments. For me it started to pick up towards the end, as the plot started rolling, but then they ran out of episodes, and nothing was resolved in the main triangle, let alone any of the other plot threads they started toying with.

                    And I wonder if this is the most discussion this series has gotten.