Re: [Yuricon] Tactical Roar - Revisited

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007
      >From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>
      >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Tactical Roar - Revisited
      >Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 17:15:19 -0500

      >Only if you're *really* bored. Like I said, it's so-so. You'd probably
      >find the fan-service grating and most of the characters annoying and
      >worthless. You might be more entertained watching it download.

      LOL

      I'll take that into consideration. And btw - you made P laugh out loud. :-)

      something more.
      http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemtagline_gratitude&FORM=WLMTAG
    • Resop
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007
        This is the last place I would expect to find yuri: La Corda D'Oro ~primo
        passo~ (TV). This is a show that at first glance wants to include every
        reverse harem shoujo manga cliche you can think of (every single guy in the
        cast is a hotter female than the lead every girl). However, after a couple of
        episodes, one sees that the shoujo cliches are window dressing to the main
        force behind the story which is music.

        So, with 10+ super bishounen's, where's the Yuri? Well, in episode 6 the group
        goes on a field trip to the villa of one of the girls who is also one of the
        elite music students (Shoko Fuyuumi). The lead girl (Kahoko Hino) is paired
        with her to share a bedroom, and when Hino tells Fuyuumi that she doesn't mind
        sharing a bed with her Fuyuumi who had been blushing and stammering before all
        but starts a massive nosebleed with her over-reaction.

        Or, maybe this is reverse harem anime wish fulfillment, that the lead character
        (who is one step behind plain) has such purity of heart that everyone in the
        cast falls in love with her, even the other girls?

        Worth further research.

        Craig
      • Chalcahuite
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007
          On Feb 6, 2007, at 6:00 PM, Erica Friedman wrote:

          . And btw - you made P laugh out loud. :-)

          Score! That made my day. ;)
        • gee pal
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
            I do agree with Serge on that. It was totally lame
            and even so with the idea that its gonna be 1 guy
            surrounded by so many women that will end up with few
            of them vying for his love,etc. wateva. I deleted the
            whole thing after I watched a few eps.
            And thanks Serge for making my nite. I laughed out of
            my chair with the 'more entertained watching it
            download'. That was funny hahahahahaaa :P

            --- Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:

            > On Feb 6, 2007, at 11:59 AM, Erica Friedman wrote:
            >

            > > From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>
            > >> To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            > >> Subject: [Yuricon] Tactical Roar - Revisited
            > >> Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 12:15:55 -0500
            > >
            > >> So, there you go. It's unlicensed, but there's a
            > batch torrent of
            > >> this
            > >> still available, since Yoroshiku only finished
            > subbing it around
            > >> Christmas. You can find it at the usual places.
            > >>

            > > Okay, so I'm home sick and bored out of my mind.
            > Is it worth
            > > watching? You
            > > know my predelictions. :-)
            >
            > Only if you're *really* bored. Like I said, it's
            > so-so. You'd
            > probably find the fan-service grating and most of
            > the characters
            > annoying and worthless. You might be more
            > entertained watching it
            > download.
            >
            > -==-
            > Serge
            > http://ximatl.blogspot.com
            > http://albikal.blogspot.com

            Cheap talk?
            http://voice.yahoo.com
          • shenotski
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
              I also suggest Y:the lastman the titles basicly about every man on
              earth dieing except for Yorick Brown and what happens to the world
              after that. There's a good amount of yuri in this along with gender
              bending. Including the main charecter Dr.Mann who's very much a lesbian.

              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y:_The_Last_Man
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
                >From: "shenotski" <duomaxwell@...>
                >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Yuri alert?
                >Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 09:47:52 -0000
                >
                >I also suggest Y:the lastman the titles basicly about every man on
                >earth dieing except for Yorick Brown and what happens to the world
                >after that. There's a good amount of yuri in this along with gender
                >bending. Including the main charecter Dr.Mann who's very much a lesbian.
                >
                >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y:_The_Last_Man

                It's not a bad series. I did a review of it at Okazu, where I pointed out
                that, for a pretty decent series, it still had a lot of incredibly stupid
                things going on. lol

                Dr. Mann is a good lesbian character, with cutting wit, and it's not her
                fault that she's given an incredibly stupid backstory. :-)

                http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemtagline_donation&FORM=WLMTAG
              • rwslaugh
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
                  > >I also suggest Y:the lastman the titles basicly about every man on
                  > >earth dieing except for Yorick Brown and what happens to the world
                  > >after that. There's a good amount of yuri in this along with gender
                  > >bending. Including the main charecter Dr.Mann who's very much a
                  lesbian.

                  > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y:_The_Last_Man
                  > >

                  > It's not a bad series. I did a review of it at Okazu, where I
                  pointed out
                  > that, for a pretty decent series, it still had a lot of incredibly
                  stupid
                  > things going on. lol
                  >
                  > Dr. Mann is a good lesbian character, with cutting wit, and it's not
                  her
                  > fault that she's given an incredibly stupid backstory. :-)

                  Have you read Strangers in Paradise by Terry Moore? The series is
                  coming to a close soon. One of the main characters is bi-sexual with
                  a preference for women. The story, characters, and art are all good.
                  You should give it a look!

                  Regards,

                  Bob
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
                    >From: "rwslaugh" <rwslaugh@...>
                    >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Yuri alert?
                    >Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 18:15:29 -0000
                    >
                    >Have you read Strangers in Paradise by Terry Moore? The series is
                    >coming to a close soon. One of the main characters is bi-sexual with
                    >a preference for women. The story, characters, and art are all good.
                    > You should give it a look!

                    Stacy, one of the Yuricon staffers, tried to get me into it a while back,
                    but my system rejected the implant. :-)

                    I'm sorry to say, I really can't agree with you about the characters. As I
                    mention in Okazu from time to time, my one real measure of a series of any
                    kind is, "Would I want any of these people over my house for lunch?" And the
                    resounding answer for SiP is, "hell no." LOL

                    http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemtagline_donation&FORM=WLMTAG
                  • kyanite_d
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 9, 2007
                      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:

                      > You might be more entertained watching it
                      > download.

                      Pffft!

                      "Worth"? No.
                      So-so? Yes.

                      [Thinking rationally about it I'd have to agree with Serge, but I
                      fail/refuse to be rational when it comes to anime/manga.]

                      It might make boredom less boring for a day or two, depending on how
                      much you can take in one sitting. I liked it, I liked the battle/
                      action scenes, the orchestral pieces of the OST, the sisters, Cloe,
                      Tanya, and also Nana-nee. I think it has its moments.

                      The fanservice in other anime has bothered me more, and the setup/
                      plot idea was interesting, even if it wasn't developed to its full
                      potential. *shrugs* I liked it better than Strawberry Panic *dodges
                      the tomatoes* :D Like I said, different standards and all... But is
                      is definitely more entertaining than the download. *pouts*

                      Snippets from the OST:
                      http://www.goear.com/listen.php?v=a902536
                      http://www.goear.com/listen.php?v=16e37d9
                      http://www.goear.com/listen.php?v=9a8a02a
                    • Chalcahuite
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 9, 2007
                        On Feb 9, 2007, at 3:48 AM, kyanite_d wrote:

                        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:

                        You know my predelictions. :-)

                        You might be more entertained watching it
                        download.

                        Pffft!

                        "Worth"? No.
                        So-so? Yes.

                        I guess it's my fault. I should have put a disclaimer like "YMMV" or something.  Since I was really just addressing Erica albeit in a public forum.

                        So, let me be clear now. Erica might be more entertained watching it download, as for the rest of you: Your Mileage May Vary.

                        I liked it, I liked the battle/
                        action scenes, the orchestral pieces of the OST, the sisters, Cloe,
                        Tanya, and also Nana-nee. I think it has its moments.

                        I didn't hate it and yes it had its moments. For me it started to pick up towards the end, as the plot started rolling, but then they ran out of episodes, and nothing was resolved in the main triangle, let alone any of the other plot threads they started toying with.

                        And I wonder if this is the most discussion this series has gotten.