RE: [Yuricon] Tactical Roar - Revisited

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007
      From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>
      >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Yuricon] Tactical Roar - Revisited
      >Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 12:15:55 -0500

      >So, there you go. It's unlicensed, but there's a batch torrent of this
      >still available, since Yoroshiku only finished subbing it around
      >Christmas. You can find it at the usual places.

      Okay, so I'm home sick and bored out of my mind. Is it worth watching? You
      know my predelictions. :-)

      Live.com page.
      http://www.live.com/?addTemplate=ValentinesDay&ocid=T001MSN30A0701
    • Chalcahuite
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007

        From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>
        Subject: [Yuricon] Tactical Roar - Revisited
        Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 12:15:55 -0500

        So, there you go. It's unlicensed, but there's a batch torrent of  this
        still available, since Yoroshiku only finished subbing it around
        Christmas. You can find it at the usual places.

        Okay, so I'm home sick and bored out of my mind. Is it worth watching? You
        know my predelictions. :-)

        Only if you're *really* bored. Like I said, it's so-so. You'd probably find the fan-service grating and most of the characters annoying and worthless. You might be more entertained watching it download.

        -==-

        Serge

        http://ximatl.blogspot.com

        http://albikal.blogspot.com

        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007
          >From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>
          >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Tactical Roar - Revisited
          >Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 17:15:19 -0500

          >Only if you're *really* bored. Like I said, it's so-so. You'd probably
          >find the fan-service grating and most of the characters annoying and
          >worthless. You might be more entertained watching it download.

          LOL

          I'll take that into consideration. And btw - you made P laugh out loud. :-)

          something more.
          http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemtagline_gratitude&FORM=WLMTAG
        • Resop
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007
            This is the last place I would expect to find yuri: La Corda D'Oro ~primo
            passo~ (TV). This is a show that at first glance wants to include every
            reverse harem shoujo manga cliche you can think of (every single guy in the
            cast is a hotter female than the lead every girl). However, after a couple of
            episodes, one sees that the shoujo cliches are window dressing to the main
            force behind the story which is music.

            So, with 10+ super bishounen's, where's the Yuri? Well, in episode 6 the group
            goes on a field trip to the villa of one of the girls who is also one of the
            elite music students (Shoko Fuyuumi). The lead girl (Kahoko Hino) is paired
            with her to share a bedroom, and when Hino tells Fuyuumi that she doesn't mind
            sharing a bed with her Fuyuumi who had been blushing and stammering before all
            but starts a massive nosebleed with her over-reaction.

            Or, maybe this is reverse harem anime wish fulfillment, that the lead character
            (who is one step behind plain) has such purity of heart that everyone in the
            cast falls in love with her, even the other girls?

            Worth further research.

            Craig
          • Chalcahuite
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 6, 2007
              On Feb 6, 2007, at 6:00 PM, Erica Friedman wrote:

              . And btw - you made P laugh out loud. :-)

              Score! That made my day. ;)
            • gee pal
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
                I do agree with Serge on that. It was totally lame
                and even so with the idea that its gonna be 1 guy
                surrounded by so many women that will end up with few
                of them vying for his love,etc. wateva. I deleted the
                whole thing after I watched a few eps.
                And thanks Serge for making my nite. I laughed out of
                my chair with the 'more entertained watching it
                download'. That was funny hahahahahaaa :P

                --- Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:

                > On Feb 6, 2007, at 11:59 AM, Erica Friedman wrote:
                >

                > > From: Chalcahuite <ximatl@...>
                > >> To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                > >> Subject: [Yuricon] Tactical Roar - Revisited
                > >> Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 12:15:55 -0500
                > >
                > >> So, there you go. It's unlicensed, but there's a
                > batch torrent of
                > >> this
                > >> still available, since Yoroshiku only finished
                > subbing it around
                > >> Christmas. You can find it at the usual places.
                > >>

                > > Okay, so I'm home sick and bored out of my mind.
                > Is it worth
                > > watching? You
                > > know my predelictions. :-)
                >
                > Only if you're *really* bored. Like I said, it's
                > so-so. You'd
                > probably find the fan-service grating and most of
                > the characters
                > annoying and worthless. You might be more
                > entertained watching it
                > download.
                >
                > -==-
                > Serge
                > http://ximatl.blogspot.com
                > http://albikal.blogspot.com

                Cheap talk?
                http://voice.yahoo.com
              • shenotski
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
                  I also suggest Y:the lastman the titles basicly about every man on
                  earth dieing except for Yorick Brown and what happens to the world
                  after that. There's a good amount of yuri in this along with gender
                  bending. Including the main charecter Dr.Mann who's very much a lesbian.

                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y:_The_Last_Man
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
                    >From: "shenotski" <duomaxwell@...>
                    >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Yuri alert?
                    >Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 09:47:52 -0000
                    >
                    >I also suggest Y:the lastman the titles basicly about every man on
                    >earth dieing except for Yorick Brown and what happens to the world
                    >after that. There's a good amount of yuri in this along with gender
                    >bending. Including the main charecter Dr.Mann who's very much a lesbian.
                    >
                    >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y:_The_Last_Man

                    It's not a bad series. I did a review of it at Okazu, where I pointed out
                    that, for a pretty decent series, it still had a lot of incredibly stupid
                    things going on. lol

                    Dr. Mann is a good lesbian character, with cutting wit, and it's not her
                    fault that she's given an incredibly stupid backstory. :-)

                    http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemtagline_donation&FORM=WLMTAG
                  • rwslaugh
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
                      > >I also suggest Y:the lastman the titles basicly about every man on
                      > >earth dieing except for Yorick Brown and what happens to the world
                      > >after that. There's a good amount of yuri in this along with gender
                      > >bending. Including the main charecter Dr.Mann who's very much a
                      lesbian.

                      > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y:_The_Last_Man
                      > >

                      > It's not a bad series. I did a review of it at Okazu, where I
                      pointed out
                      > that, for a pretty decent series, it still had a lot of incredibly
                      stupid
                      > things going on. lol
                      >
                      > Dr. Mann is a good lesbian character, with cutting wit, and it's not
                      her
                      > fault that she's given an incredibly stupid backstory. :-)

                      Have you read Strangers in Paradise by Terry Moore? The series is
                      coming to a close soon. One of the main characters is bi-sexual with
                      a preference for women. The story, characters, and art are all good.
                      You should give it a look!

                      Regards,

                      Bob
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
                        >From: "rwslaugh" <rwslaugh@...>
                        >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                        >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: Yuri alert?
                        >Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 18:15:29 -0000
                        >
                        >Have you read Strangers in Paradise by Terry Moore? The series is
                        >coming to a close soon. One of the main characters is bi-sexual with
                        >a preference for women. The story, characters, and art are all good.
                        > You should give it a look!

                        Stacy, one of the Yuricon staffers, tried to get me into it a while back,
                        but my system rejected the implant. :-)

                        I'm sorry to say, I really can't agree with you about the characters. As I
                        mention in Okazu from time to time, my one real measure of a series of any
                        kind is, "Would I want any of these people over my house for lunch?" And the
                        resounding answer for SiP is, "hell no." LOL

                        http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemtagline_donation&FORM=WLMTAG
                      • kyanite_d
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 9, 2007
                          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:

                          > You might be more entertained watching it
                          > download.

                          Pffft!

                          "Worth"? No.
                          So-so? Yes.

                          [Thinking rationally about it I'd have to agree with Serge, but I
                          fail/refuse to be rational when it comes to anime/manga.]

                          It might make boredom less boring for a day or two, depending on how
                          much you can take in one sitting. I liked it, I liked the battle/
                          action scenes, the orchestral pieces of the OST, the sisters, Cloe,
                          Tanya, and also Nana-nee. I think it has its moments.

                          The fanservice in other anime has bothered me more, and the setup/
                          plot idea was interesting, even if it wasn't developed to its full
                          potential. *shrugs* I liked it better than Strawberry Panic *dodges
                          the tomatoes* :D Like I said, different standards and all... But is
                          is definitely more entertaining than the download. *pouts*

                          Snippets from the OST:
                          http://www.goear.com/listen.php?v=a902536
                          http://www.goear.com/listen.php?v=16e37d9
                          http://www.goear.com/listen.php?v=9a8a02a
                        • Chalcahuite
                          Message 12 of 13 , Feb 9, 2007
                            On Feb 9, 2007, at 3:48 AM, kyanite_d wrote:

                            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:

                            You know my predelictions. :-)

                            You might be more entertained watching it
                            download.

                            Pffft!

                            "Worth"? No.
                            So-so? Yes.

                            I guess it's my fault. I should have put a disclaimer like "YMMV" or something.  Since I was really just addressing Erica albeit in a public forum.

                            So, let me be clear now. Erica might be more entertained watching it download, as for the rest of you: Your Mileage May Vary.

                            I liked it, I liked the battle/
                            action scenes, the orchestral pieces of the OST, the sisters, Cloe,
                            Tanya, and also Nana-nee. I think it has its moments.

                            I didn't hate it and yes it had its moments. For me it started to pick up towards the end, as the plot started rolling, but then they ran out of episodes, and nothing was resolved in the main triangle, let alone any of the other plot threads they started toying with.

                            And I wonder if this is the most discussion this series has gotten.