New Manga encyclopedia to discuss Yuri

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1 7:36 AM
      Hello -

      There is a new manga encyclopedia coming out from Del Ray this spring,
      cleverly entitled "Manga: Complete Guide." (It of course cannot possibly be
      complete, as new manga is coming out all the time, but it's as close as
      possible at the time I t was published.)

      This book, by Jason Thompson, will contain a discussion of Yuri as a
      separate genre, making it, as far as I am aware, the first book to do so.
      There will also be reviews of some of our ALC Publications included - I
      haven't seen them and have no idea if they are good or bad. I *can* tell you
      that the tone of the reviews in general are tart, with a predispoition
      towards snarky. LOL How do I know this, you ask?

      Because - in the spirit of full disclosure - I wrote about half a dozen
      reviews for this book. Jason had some series he simply couldn't bear to
      read, so I got the chance to review them for him. And in one case, was taken
      to task for not being snarky *enough.* The first time that that's ever
      happened to me, I assure you. :-)

      The book also contains a short article by me written about Light Novels,
      which will probably be even shorter by the time the book is printed. IF they
      left it intact, it includes a short translation by Lililicious' own Rosa
      Chinensis, as well.

      If you are interested in seeing how Yuri fares in this new tome, the
      pre-order is up at Amaxon:
      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0345485904/105-1252576-9622047?ie=UTF8&tag=yuricon-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=0345485904

      I will say this, I had fun working on the book and with Jason on the Yuri
      chapter. I have no idea if it will paint a fair picture of Yuri, but given
      the tone of the article I wrote, I think it will definitely be a book worth
      looking at for the body of information it will include.

      Awards´┐Ż http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline2