This morning's surprise email

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2007
      I finished reading "Steady Beat" volume 2 by Rivkah last night (and
      thanks ever so much to pachy_boy for the gift from my Amazon Wish
      List! I'll be reviewing it on Okazu shortly.)

      After I was finished I shot off this email to the author (some bits
      snipped):

      >I'm writing, simply, to say that the several thousand members of
      > Yuricon really hope that, if Sarai is indeed gay, you give her a happy
      >ending.

      >There'll be no complaint from us if she's confused, lying, in a
      >difficult situation that she can't see her way clear of, but if she
      > *is* honestly a lesbian, please, we beg you, let her have a happy
      end. Thanks.

      **(

      I didn't expect to see any kind of response, or if any a canned,
      "thank so much for writing" kind of thing.

      This morning I came in to find a long, very personal email from
      Rivkah...assuring me, among other things, that Sarai is indeed gay,
      Volume 3 deals with her coming out and that, yes, she gets a happy ending.

      I was surprised, to say the least. And pleased - Rivkah understood
      exactly why I had emailed, and spoke at length about her feelings on
      the subject.

      So, really, for this alone, I hope you'll all pick up a copy of this
      series - and tell both Rivkah and Tokyopop *why*, that you want to see
      more lesbian characters with happy endings.

      Steady Beat is available from Amazon through the Yuricon Shop:
      http://www.yuricon.org/shop/manga.html#Steady