RE: [Yuricon] Code Geass

  • Serenity Lunar
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 16, 2007
      Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:
      "There's already some fan pairings of Millay and Shirley, as well, although
      Shirley is the obligatory love interest of the lead, Lelouch. It would be
      sort of nice to see Millay and Nina get together, although it would be a bit
      pathetic too. "Can't love the one I want, I'll love the one I'm with" sort
      of thing."

      Hmm, yeah, I guess it would be a bit pathetic, but it would still be better than just leaving Nina with an unrequited love, to me at least. :) And I'm forcing myself to have more faith than to believe they'll actually have Shirely with Lelouch- it's just an unrequited thing that he'll use for his own advantage, I think.

      "I was kind of surprised at Nina coming from behind the pack there - in the
      beginning, they set Millay up as the probable unrequited lesbian, and then
      the thing with Euffie happened, and it was a bit "buh?""

      I'd been hoping ever since the episode where Millay was protecting Nina that they would be the token lesbian couple for Code Geass; but yeah, the Euffie bit threw me off; mainly because I had no idea they'd be going that far.

      "Did anyone else notice that CLAMP is credited for Suzaku's character design?
      Ya think? LOL He's a total Syaoran clone."

      Lol, and Lelouch is a total clone of Kamui from X. They did the character designs for all of Code Geass, actually.

      "Aside from everything yuri or not, I think CG has been an interesting series
      to date, and I'm just hoping Sunrise/Gonzo have an actual end in mind. :-)
      I'd definitely recommend it as something to watch - just not as something
      yuri to watch."

      I agree, Code Geass is a good show so far, yuri or not. :) I'm glad they've stuck in a bit of yuri though.

      Never miss an email again!
      Yahoo! Toolbar

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 16, 2007
        >From: Serenity Lunar <serenitylunar@...>
        >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: RE: [Yuricon] Code Geass
        >Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:27:43 -0800 (PST)
        >

        >Erica Friedman <alecto_fury@...> wrote:
        >"There's already some fan pairings of Millay and Shirley, as well, although
        >Shirley is the obligatory love interest of the lead, Lelouch. It would be
        >sort of nice to see Millay and Nina get together, although it would be a
        >bit
        >pathetic too. "Can't love the one I want, I'll love the one I'm with" sort
        >of thing."
        >
        >Hmm, yeah, I guess it would be a bit pathetic, but it would still be better
        >than just leaving Nina with an unrequited love, to me at least. :) And I'm
        >forcing myself to have more faith than to believe they'll actually have
        >Shirely with Lelouch- it's just an unrequited thing that he'll use for his
        >own advantage, I think.

        Heh. There's always fanfic. I mean, what is it for, if not for completely
        rewriting the canon relationships. LOL

        >"I was kind of surprised at Nina coming from behind the pack there - in the
        >beginning, they set Millay up as the probable unrequited lesbian, and then
        >the thing with Euffie happened, and it was a bit "buh?""
        >
        >I'd been hoping ever since the episode where Millay was protecting Nina
        >that they would be the token lesbian couple for Code Geass; but yeah, the
        >Euffie bit threw me off; mainly because I had no idea they'd be going that
        >far.

        Pretty much.

        >"Aside from everything yuri or not, I think CG has been an interesting
        >series
        >to date, and I'm just hoping Sunrise/Gonzo have an actual end in mind. :-)
        >I'd definitely recommend it as something to watch - just not as something
        >yuri to watch."
        >
        >I agree, Code Geass is a good show so far, yuri or not. :) I'm glad they've
        >stuck in a bit of yuri though.

        Never hurts. :-)

        Communicate instantly! Use your Hotmail address to sign into Windows Live
        Messenger now. http://get.live.com/messenger/overview