Re: [Yuricon] a question about yuri

  • Kim Feldt
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 25, 2006
      On 22/12/06, Sethite Set <sethite_20@...> wrote:
      > If I may ask for little help, I'd like to ask you: why are you
      reading yuri and what was the reason that made you do this?

      It's something I identify with, for reasons I don't fully understand,
      being, genetically speaking, male. But I've always had a much easier
      time identifying with female characters in fiction, and almost all my
      books and Manga are by female creators. And Yuri/shojo-ai (what's in a
      name?) tends to be what i love about "regular" manga, only more so. (I
      discovered manga in the fall of 1991, so, err, I've been around some
      time...). I'd call myself a lesbian, but I have a feeling some people
      might protest, claiming I fail one of the basic requirements. At
      times, reading Yuri makes me feel like I belong, while at the same
      time making me feel more alienated than anything else possibly could.

      Does that make sense?

      And, Hi! This is my first post here. I was always taught that you
      should lurk a long time before making yourself known. =^_^=

      /Kim