New Otenba-Lililicious Release - Maria-sama ga Miteru OVA 1 (anime)

  • esubramanian1@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 25, 2006
      Lililicious and Otenba are proud to present our joint subtitling effort of the first Maria-sama ga Miteru third season OVA, The Lambs' Vacation.
      Download links can be found at http://marimite.otenba-quality.com
      Otenba's website is http://otenba-quality.com/ and their IRC channel is #otenba on irc.rizon.net. Lililicious's webpage is http://lililicious.net and our IRC channel is #lililicious on irc.rizon.net.
    • Resop
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 29, 2006
        With the whole episode obviously being about sex, why were all the sex scenes
        cut?

        Clearly, Yumi and Sachiko have dangerous kinky sex in the women's room at
        the rest stop on the way up. That's why Yumi has an ice cream cone afterward,
        so that it won't be obvious to the driver. (The driver is an agent for the
        family so they would have to "behave" around him). This also explains why Yumi
        has anxiety over Sachiko wearing jeans (even though Yumi was the one who
        introduced Sachiko to jeans), when a skirt would have been so much more
        convenient. Very cute of Yumi to compare Sachiko to the ice cream cone.

        (As a passing note, Yuuki and Kashiwagi need to be more discrete than Yumi and
        Sachiko since Kashiwagi will be marrying into the family and needs to be
        perceived as a "normal" husband to be accepted.)

        Then Yumi wonders in the woods and sees a squirrel. She wistfully says "Risu"
        (squirrel). People who have seen Ebichu know that Risu is part of a commonly
        used cross language pun for lady parts (chestnuts and squirrels).

        Then we have one of Sachiko's bullying cousins who accuses Yumi of changing
        Sachiko (from being sexually free to being monogamous with Yumi). After all,
        who really looks forwards to being tutored?

        Then, Sachiko is tricked into going to a garden party and comes back angry
        way out of proportion to the trick, as if she was taken advantage of some other
        way (especially since she says that alcohol was being served).

        Then, on Thursday, they decide to stay even though Yumi was being gossiped
        about (I wonder if there is some sex-based term having to do with rice)? Right
        before Sachiko asks Yumi for some more sex they make a super inelegant cut. ("I
        despise running away.""That's my Onee-sama." "Yumi?" cut).

        Then, after Yumi conquers the Sachiko's bullying cousins, Yumi and Sachiko
        lounge languidly on a porch swing, hand in hand, with Yumi's head on Sachiko's
        shoulder and Yumi openly talks about lying around together. And, there's no
        pay off! Would it have killed them to show a shot of them afterward with Yumi
        curled up with her head on Sachiko's upper chest?

        Great job with the translation, though.

        Craig
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 30, 2006
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Resop <resop2@...> wrote:

          > With the whole episode obviously being about sex, why were all the
          sex scenes
          > cut?

          This would be really funny if I didn't know that there were fourteen
          gazillion LFBs who would take it seriously. lol

          I am safe and sound in the land, as my wife says, of heated toilet
          seats. We'll be at the mass insanity that is Comiket in about 4 hours.

          I have no idea if I'll be coherent to report back immediately, but
          report back I will!