Re: [Yuricon] Welcome to all our newest members!

  • Matthew Daring
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 22, 2006
      OK I think it's time I introduce myself. Contrary to the name under my emails, I am Lauren, an 18 year old (female obviously :P ) obessed with anime. Some time ago a friend of mine changed my name under this email and I haven't been able to change it back since. I managed to pay him back, in several ways, however that's besides the point. I am, and have been, an anime fanatic for around 5 years, and just recently began delving into searching for more Yuri orientated series. My absolute favorite, at the moment, would have to be Noir, quickly followed by Gunslinger Girls. Strawberry Panic is decent as well. What else is there to me? Well I am lazy, REAL lazy, and proud of it! I read and write fanfiction, and also have some fanart I hope to post on the internet sometime soon when I can scan them into my computer. Usually I go under the pennames Kyuubinoheru, or Inuyoukess. Currently I am writing a Mireille / Kirika fanfic which has been a lot of dun doing so, and will post it in the near future on fanfiction.net. Well I guess that's it. Thank you all very much = )

      atheniag <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:
      It's be a really long time since I've done this, but since we've had
      quite a few new folks join recently, I think it's a good time to
      welcome all our new members - and to once again thank our veteran members.

      If you are new here, please feel free to introduce yourself, let us
      know how you got into Yuri - your favorite yuri anime and manga series
      or your fave couple.

      My name is Erica Friedman, the owner of this list and the founder of
      Yuricon. My favorite anime series is Sailor Moon and the Queens of
      Yuri, Haruka and Michiru, Sailor Uranus and Neptune, from same.

      When I'm not posting here, I write nearly-daily reviews of yuri anime,
      manga and realted things at Okazu (http://okazu. blogspot. com) and
      about twice a month, update the Yuricon website.

      In between I write Yuri fanfic, plan events and occasionally, work at
      my day job. :-)

      Once again, it's a pleasure to have all of you here and I'm looking
      forward to hearing from you!

      http://mail.yahoo.com