[OT] Physics of the Buffyverse

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2006
      Usually I spend time pimping our ALC books but, from time to time, I
      am generous enough to pimp other people's books. :-)

      In this case, a dear friend of mine, Jennifer Ouellette, (the author
      of "Black Bodies and Quantum Cats" which I reviewed on Okazu last
      March: http://okazu.blogspot.com/2006/03/physics-fun.html) has a new
      book which I think will strongly appeal to many here on this list.

      Here new book is the "Physics of the Buffyverse" and can be
      pre-ordered on Amazon at:
      <http://www.amazon.com/dp/0143038621?tag=yuricon-20&camp=0&creative=0&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=0143038621&adid=1EFWJRR3Y3H8N9QWSYPE&>

      In any case "Physics of the Buffyverse" is exactly what it sounds
      like; a discussion of the underlying physics of the TV show "Buffy,
      the Vampire Slayer." Apparently, for the first few seasons, they had
      an on-staff physicist consultant. :-)

      Jen is an amazing writer - fun, clear, whimsical and with a great
      ability to explain physics to non-physicists. To get a feel for her
      writing, please drop by her blog Cocktail Party Physics:
      http://twistedphysics.typepad.com/cocktail_party_physics/...but I
      would totally stay away from the drinks she and Lee made up for the
      sidebar. LOL