Re: Lesbian managa artist gets Prism Comics Grant

  • kassiehamel
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 8, 2006
      Yu+Me looks really cute! I think it would be a great series to get!
    • Jo Wagner
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 8, 2006
        That's really too bad that the grant money will only allow her to sell 500 copies in her first printing.  Would that create enough revenue for this PRISM publisher to afford another printing?

        --

        "Pray that when you arise from the darkness it will not be as a revengeful horsemen of the apocalypse, but as an avenging angel..." ~The Old Abbey, La Comte de Monte Cristo
      • Sethite Set
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 8, 2006
          Hi
          Everything is ok, but this "manga" word....For me it doesn't look like manga, but it isn't most important. More important is should we called manga comics draw by non-japanaesse author? Manga is "comics" in Japan, anyway.
          regards
          Sethite

          atheniag <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:
          After Ellen conduscted an interview with Megan Gedris, who received a
          $1K grant from GLBT Comics foundation PRISM on her new leasbian manga,
          "Yu and Me":

          http://www.afterellen.com/Print/2006/12/yume.html

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
          mailto:Yuricon-digest@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Shane

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 9, 2006
              Hello!Yeah i agree with the "manga" thing i mean if it's not from Japan how can it be called manga? (I think the word means Japanese comic) they should stick to graphic novel.
              Kassie

              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Yuricon/

              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Yuricon/ join
              (Yahoo! ID required)