on the topic of loser

  • Toad_God_From_the_Sky
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2006
      >I don't think you're ever going to get a bunch of otaku to
      >self-identify as losers. And if we're all losers, then the
      >word is meaningless.

      Agreed. Some people like product A, others like product B. It really
      doesn't matter that much if Person A likes pointless fanservice while
      Person B likes political drama. Both have apparently found something
      that they can enjoy spending their free time doing or watching, so
      power to both of them.

      Also calling some of the more introverted nerds losers seems somewhat
      petty and mean. Many of them have never been properly socialized or
      may suffer from autism or asperger's. Some of them could even find
      anime appealing because the often exaggerated faces in animation are
      easier to read then the ones in realspace.

      Well, I have gone on long enough and bandied about enough platitudes.

      Claude Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 7, 2006
        From: "Toad_God_From_the_Sky" <ossadagowah@...>
        >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Yuricon] on the topic of loser
        >Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 13:13:03 -0000

        I have already killed this thread. That means NO MORE POSTS.

        Next person to post on this topic here gets a suspension for not taking the
        hint.

        Drop it.

        Stay up-to-date with your friends through the Windows Live Spaces friends
        list.