call for submissions

  • Nicole Kimberling
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2006
      Hi there, I'm a frequent lurker on this group and I just wanted to
      let everybody know that I'm editing an anthology called "Tangle"
      which is going to be a collection of gay and lesbian Sf/F stories. I
      am particularly interested in science fiction or fantasy that
      includes a "yuri sensibility." Light-hearted, fun, romantic... You
      get the picture. If you're interested, the guidelines are here:

      http://www.blindeyebooks.com/guidelines.html

      All the Best,

      Nikki
    • Jeff Daly
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2006
        Just out of curiosity, when are the submission guidelines? Also, would
        you like me and others to spread the word around about this?

        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Nicole Kimberling <kimnik1@...> wrote:

        > Hi there, I'm a frequent lurker on this group and I just wanted to
        > let everybody know that I'm editing an anthology called "Tangle"
        > which is going to be a collection of gay and lesbian Sf/F stories.
        > am particularly interested in science fiction or fantasy that
        > includes a "yuri sensibility." Light-hearted, fun, romantic... You
        > get the picture. If you're interested, the guidelines are here:
        >
        > http://www.blindeyebooks.com/guidelines.html
        >
        > All the Best,
        >
        > Nikki

      • Jeff Daly
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1, 2006
          Oops, I meant when are the submissions due :P Sorry about that.

          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Daly" <baka_gaijin30@...> wrote:

          > Just out of curiosity, when are the submission guidelines? Also,
          would
          > you like me and others to spread the word around about this?
          >
          > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Nicole Kimberling <kimnik1@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi there, I'm a frequent lurker on this group and I just wanted
          > > let everybody know that I'm editing an anthology called "Tangle"
          > > which is going to be a collection of gay and lesbian Sf/F
          stories.
          > > am particularly interested in science fiction or fantasy that
          > > includes a "yuri sensibility." Light-hearted, fun, romantic...
          You
          > > get the picture. If you're interested, the guidelines are here:
          > >
          > > http://www.blindeyebooks.com/guidelines.html
          > >
          > > All the Best,
          > >
          > > Nikki

        • Nicole Kimberling
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 3, 2006
            There is no deadline at this time, but if I'm close to closing the
            anthology to further subs I'll put up a note on the website. And
            yes, I'd love for people to spread the word about Tangle. I'm really
            interested in trying to put out a book that's slanted toward the fun,
            romantic, adventurous side of Sf/F, which is why I'm actively
            soliciting work from the yuri/yaoi communities.

            Cheers,

            Nikki
          • Anna Haapaniemi
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 3, 2006
              [Yuricon] Re: call for submissions
              Okej, then I have a question too!

              Can you submit even though you are under eighteen? If not, I will turn eighteen in June. Is there any point for me to submit?

              Yours,
              Anna

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 4, 2006
                Anna, you asked if you could submit a story even though you were
                under 18. I'm kind of perplexed by this question. Why wouldn't you
                be able to send me a story?

                Nikki
              • Anna Haapaniemi
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 4, 2006
                  [Yuricon] Re: call for submissions
                  Tjo!

                  Well, because other projects that were/are going to be published have said I couldn't submit because I was/am under 18. For example the Yuri Monogatari project by ALC.
                  Just wanted to make sure. If it's okay the I'm just happy.

                  //Anna

                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 6, 2006
                    Well, Tangle is a print book, rather than being a visual medium like
                    comics so there is not as much chance of getting into trouble for
                    what some people would consider pornographic images. Also, Tangle is
                    not specifically erotica so go for it!

                    Nikki