Fiction (not *entirely* off-topic...)

  • Iain
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2006
      I write this with a great deal of trepidation, but I've been working on
      some stories that may be of interest to the list.

      http://nss.myfiction.org/

      I've always felt that I'd like to work with some fan fiction, but I
      can't. Mainly for reasons that only Adrian Monk would sympathize with,
      I've got to have my own characters, and just borrowing a setting is
      usually not very interesting.

      So I was wondering what the "next best thing" would be, and I decided to
      try creating a world where I could write episodic stories unencumbered
      by anyone else's canon. What I've come up with is a contemporary fantasy
      setting, and an arc of seven short episodes about a young woman's
      introduction to wizardry.*

      I've borrowed heavily and unapologetically from anime clich├ęs - yes,
      including yuri, if I can use the word in this context. They fit.

      If anyone's interested in giving me some feedback, I don't intend to do
      anything more with this for a while, at least until I've fleshed out a
      few more ideas for unrelated arcs. So the stories, the setting and the
      site are still subject to change.

      * - No, it's not even *vaguely* similar to Harry Potter. It just isn't.
      Really.

      Iain (wondering what else he can add to postpone hitting the "send"
      button...)
    • raynadarkstorm@aim.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 27, 2007
        I've got the first chapter of a haruka/michiru fic posted at http://www.devianthearts.com/efic/viewstory.php?sid=917 if anyone's intersted...

        I'm sorry if i've upset everone not sure if posting a link to my fic is illegal here

        Rayna Darkstorm

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 27, 2007
          >From: raynadarkstorm@...
          >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [Yuricon] Shameless self-promotion (slight OT)
          >Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 15:53:53 -0500
          >
          >I've got the first chapter of a haruka/michiru fic posted at
          >http://www.devianthearts.com/efic/viewstory.php?sid=917 if anyone's
          >intersted...
          >
          > I'm sorry if i've upset everone not sure if posting a link to my fic is
          >illegal here

          Links to art or stories are perfectly welcome. Just make sure to note if
          it's adult-only, since not everyone on this list should be clicking on
          thise.

          Live.com page.
          http://www.live.com/?addTemplate=ValentinesDay&ocid=T001MSN30A0701
        • raynadarkstorm@aim.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 27, 2007
            Definately adult only... didn't think of that one.

            http://www.yuricon. org

            "World Shaking" Fanfic - http://www.worldsha king.net
            The Fanfic Revolution - http://www.fanficre volution. org