Re: [Yuricon] KnM and Family Complex - Oh my

  • Shane
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 31, 2006
      I enjoyed KnM too. While it's not the best out there I found it rather enjoyable and we do get a Yuri ending so  was happy and I can't wait for this next one.

      Shane

      gee pal <geepal@...> wrote:
      Heh?

      ok. let me turn on the oven for you.. :P
      kidding..kidding. ..

      I actually loved KnM. It is still my favorite anime.
      so be happy for us, please.
      I do hope there's going to be some yuri in this one.

      --- HG Schmidt <s0235438@sms. ed.ac.uk> wrote:

      > Okay, I've been lurking for ages, but will someone
      > please, please tell
      > me that I didn't just read that right? Who is
      > devoid of their senses
      > enough to make a second Kannazuki no Miko? I mean,
      > we're waiting for
      > the second Hellsing for ages, and they're making a
      > second _Kannazuki no
      > Miko_?????
      >
      > There is a God. And He's out to get us.
      >
      > As for Family Complex, I read it in German
      > translation. It's quite
      > neat; the older sister is a very neat character,
      > although Princess
      > Princess is a better comedy series (the manga, the
      > anime is dreadful).
      >
      > Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go put my
      > head in an oven.

      (http://www.yahoo. com/preview)

    • codeína nikélika
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2006
        I loved KnM. Loved it down to every disturbing bit. Heck! I even cried
        at the end.

        I hope they make Himiko and Kaon meet and fall in love. After all,
        they're soulmates - no matter the world - and that's what soulmates do,
        they fall in love over and over and over and.. again. (X:WP anyone?)

        -- codnik
        who's hoping for some girl on girl lovey-dovey action
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 1, 2006
          >From: code�na nik�lika <codnik@...>
          >To: yuricon@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: KnM and Family Complex - Oh my
          >Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 12:10:25 -0200

          >I hope they make Himiko and Kaon meet and fall in love. After all,
          >they're soulmates - no matter the world - and that's what soulmates do,
          >they fall in love over and over and over and.. again. (X:WP anyone?)

          Urgh. Sounds awful.LOL

          The story appears to be from the other way 'round.

          Kaon is originally an evil baddie, and because she fell in love with Himiko,
          gets converted to the good side of the Force before the story even begins.
          But, from the art I've seen, she's not happy about it. :-) She looks like
          Chikane in full sulk. The current chapter of the manga appears to be a bit
          of Kaon and Himiko's backstory.

          From the character page on the website, I glean that there is a third woman
          in this relationship too - she's got evil eyebrows, to counter Kaon's sulk.
          She and Himiko either were, are or might be lovers. I didn't pay that close
          attention...her eyebrows kept distracting me. ;-)

          Microsoft Office Live
        • Nicole
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 3, 2006
            This going a little too far. Is there a need for bashing to this
            extent? I'm far from a huge fan of hellsing and yet I don't go round
            insinuating people are out of their minds for watching the anime.
            Feel free to go roast yourself if you like.

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 3, 2006
              >From: "Nicole" <kittyritz12@...>
              >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: KnM and Family Complex - Oh my
              >Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 02:55:27 -0000
              >
              >This going a little too far. Is there a need for bashing to this
              >extent? I'm far from a huge fan of hellsing and yet I don't go round
              >insinuating people are out of their minds for watching the anime.
              >Feel free to go roast yourself if you like.

              Hi there -

              The original comment was not going too far by our rules, but yours is close,
              because the original post was commenting on a series - while yours is
              commenting on the person. You're VERY welcome to defend a series you like,
              but almost never welcome to suggest someone hurt themselves. Youre also
              taking what was clearly meant as a joke way too seriously.

              Because this group prides itself on being a pleasant and friendly group of
              people to be around, if you want to object, then I'm going to request you
              take it off list, thanks.

              This gos for everyone - this topic is dead. Move on, talk about something
              else, nothing to see here. :-)

              Cheers,

              Erica (Wearing her severe admin costume)

            • Nicole
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 3, 2006

                > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, HG Schmidt <s0235438@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Okay, I've been lurking for ages, but will someone please, please
                > tell
                > > me that I didn't just read that right? Who is devoid of their
                > senses
                > > enough to make a second Kannazuki no Miko? I mean, we're waiting
                > for
                <snip>

                > > {{Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go put my head in an
                > oven.}}

                Just a note, if you didn't bypass the author's last sentance, he/she
                suggested said offensive comment him/herself. I just took it up so to
                speak. <sigh> Goes to show non-usage of a bunch of :P, :), ^_^,
                emoticons is a huge no-no.