Re: KnM and Family Complex - Oh my

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 31, 2006
      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, HG Schmidt <s0235438@...> wrote:

      > Okay, I've been lurking for ages, but will someone please, please tell
      > me that I didn't just read that right? Who is devoid of their senses
      > enough to make a second Kannazuki no Miko? I mean, we're waiting for
      > the second Hellsing for ages, and they're making a second _Kannazuki no
      > Miko_?????

      As I pointed out in my original email on this
      (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Yuricon/message/21572) Kyoshiro isn't a
      sequel - it's a completely different story that reads like an
      alt-universe with similar characters.

      http://www.kyoshiro-sora.net/index.html

      The lead couple is straight (and loathsome right out of the starting
      gate), but Chikane is there as Kaon and Himeko as Himiko.

      And hey, even the guys who are Kaishaku have to make a living.

    • Lupine Aura
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 31, 2006
        I actually enjoy KnM.

        *hangs head in shame*

      • u101_yoshimi@fastmail.fm
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 31, 2006
          On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 14:42:01 -0500, "Lupine Aura" <LupineAura@...>
          said:

          > I actually enjoy KnM.

          I salute you ^_^

          > *hangs head in shame*

          Boooo. You shouldn't be ashamed of your true feelings. And believe me,
          you're not a weirdo - in many people's opinion this anime was very good,
          and they enjoyed it greatly. Just have a look at this poll and
          discussion here http://www.shoujoai.com/forum/topic_show.pl?tid=36903
          ...so, up and proud with this head of yours ^^

          u101
          --

          u101_yoshimi@...

        • gee pal
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 31, 2006
            Heh?

            ok. let me turn on the oven for you.. :P
            kidding..kidding...

            I actually loved KnM. It is still my favorite anime.
            so be happy for us, please.
            I do hope there's going to be some yuri in this one.

            --- HG Schmidt <s0235438@...> wrote:

            > Okay, I've been lurking for ages, but will someone
            > please, please tell
            > me that I didn't just read that right? Who is
            > devoid of their senses
            > enough to make a second Kannazuki no Miko? I mean,
            > we're waiting for
            > the second Hellsing for ages, and they're making a
            > second _Kannazuki no
            > Miko_?????
            >
            > There is a God. And He's out to get us.
            >
            > As for Family Complex, I read it in German
            > translation. It's quite
            > neat; the older sister is a very neat character,
            > although Princess
            > Princess is a better comedy series (the manga, the
            > anime is dreadful).
            >
            > Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go put my
            > head in an oven.

            (http://www.yahoo.com/preview)
          • Shane
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 31, 2006
              I enjoyed KnM too. While it's not the best out there I found it rather enjoyable and we do get a Yuri ending so  was happy and I can't wait for this next one.

              Shane

              --- HG Schmidt <s0235438@sms. ed.ac.uk> wrote:

              > Okay, I've been lurking for ages, but will someone
              > please, please tell
              > me that I didn't just read that right? Who is
              > devoid of their senses
              > enough to make a second Kannazuki no Miko? I mean,
              > we're waiting for
              > the second Hellsing for ages, and they're making a
              > second _Kannazuki no
              > Miko_?????
              >
              > There is a God. And He's out to get us.
              >
              > As for Family Complex, I read it in German
              > translation. It's quite
              > neat; the older sister is a very neat character,
              > although Princess
              > Princess is a better comedy series (the manga, the
              > anime is dreadful).
              >
              > Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go put my
              > head in an oven.

              (http://www.yahoo. com/preview)

            • codeína nikélika
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 1, 2006
                I loved KnM. Loved it down to every disturbing bit. Heck! I even cried
                at the end.

                I hope they make Himiko and Kaon meet and fall in love. After all,
                they're soulmates - no matter the world - and that's what soulmates do,
                they fall in love over and over and over and.. again. (X:WP anyone?)

                -- codnik
                who's hoping for some girl on girl lovey-dovey action
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 1, 2006
                  >From: code�na nik�lika <codnik@...>
                  >To: yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: KnM and Family Complex - Oh my
                  >Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 12:10:25 -0200

                  >I hope they make Himiko and Kaon meet and fall in love. After all,
                  >they're soulmates - no matter the world - and that's what soulmates do,
                  >they fall in love over and over and over and.. again. (X:WP anyone?)

                  Urgh. Sounds awful.LOL

                  The story appears to be from the other way 'round.

                  Kaon is originally an evil baddie, and because she fell in love with Himiko,
                  gets converted to the good side of the Force before the story even begins.
                  But, from the art I've seen, she's not happy about it. :-) She looks like
                  Chikane in full sulk. The current chapter of the manga appears to be a bit
                  of Kaon and Himiko's backstory.

                  From the character page on the website, I glean that there is a third woman
                  in this relationship too - she's got evil eyebrows, to counter Kaon's sulk.
                  She and Himiko either were, are or might be lovers. I didn't pay that close
                  attention...her eyebrows kept distracting me. ;-)

                  Microsoft Office Live
                • Nicole
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 3, 2006
                    This going a little too far. Is there a need for bashing to this
                    extent? I'm far from a huge fan of hellsing and yet I don't go round
                    insinuating people are out of their minds for watching the anime.
                    Feel free to go roast yourself if you like.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 3, 2006
                      >From: "Nicole" <kittyritz12@...>
                      >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                      >Subject: [Yuricon] Re: KnM and Family Complex - Oh my
                      >Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 02:55:27 -0000
                      >
                      >This going a little too far. Is there a need for bashing to this
                      >extent? I'm far from a huge fan of hellsing and yet I don't go round
                      >insinuating people are out of their minds for watching the anime.
                      >Feel free to go roast yourself if you like.

                      Hi there -

                      The original comment was not going too far by our rules, but yours is close,
                      because the original post was commenting on a series - while yours is
                      commenting on the person. You're VERY welcome to defend a series you like,
                      but almost never welcome to suggest someone hurt themselves. Youre also
                      taking what was clearly meant as a joke way too seriously.

                      Because this group prides itself on being a pleasant and friendly group of
                      people to be around, if you want to object, then I'm going to request you
                      take it off list, thanks.

                      This gos for everyone - this topic is dead. Move on, talk about something
                      else, nothing to see here. :-)

                      Cheers,

                      Erica (Wearing her severe admin costume)

                    • Nicole
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 3, 2006

                        > --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, HG Schmidt <s0235438@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Okay, I've been lurking for ages, but will someone please, please
                        > tell
                        > > me that I didn't just read that right? Who is devoid of their
                        > senses
                        > > enough to make a second Kannazuki no Miko? I mean, we're waiting
                        > for
                        <snip>

                        > > {{Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go put my head in an
                        > oven.}}

                        Just a note, if you didn't bypass the author's last sentance, he/she
                        suggested said offensive comment him/herself. I just took it up so to
                        speak. <sigh> Goes to show non-usage of a bunch of :P, :), ^_^,
                        emoticons is a huge no-no.