Re: Tactical Roar

  • kyanite_d
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 19, 2006
      I know this series is "old news", but Yorishiku is only now finishing
      the subbing, and with the bleak prospects for the new anime season
      this short series might help lift the spirits for a moment.

      Yes, Clio-oneesama is THE yuri character here, and apparently she was
      (and still is in the first episodes) involved with said pilot.
      Clio and the captain get kissed by a girl in episode 5 and 6 and the
      captain wonders why she liked it so much to be kissed by a girl. :)

      There's also some, dare I mention it, pretty explicit evil!lesbian
      twincest in episodes 5 and 6. So apparently, 5 and 6 are the yuri
      climax of this series.

      The "supposed hilarity" is really just that, and I don't want, by any
      means, defend fanservice, but in this series it's not so much
      voyeuristic but rather blunt, with a cheerful wink, and it shouldn't
      keep anybody from watching, because this series also has a *gasp*
      somewhat coherent and plausible *plot*, somewhat authentic characters
      and... ^^ girls in uniform.

      -K.

      --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, Chalcahuite <ximatl@...> wrote:

      > Since I can't remember the last time I started a thread that
      wasn't
      > about Mai-Otome, I thought I'd chime in with this.
      >
      > I've seen screencaps on 2-chan and 4-chan so when the sub came out
      > decided to take a look.
      > Tactical Roar is a new show this year, basic premise is that a gi-
      > huge-ic cyclone has taken up residence in the Pacific and the
      > resultant atmospheric and weather changes has ushered in a new age
      of
      > shipping, and of course pirates. Commercial shipping is protected
      by
      > support ships which seem to be corporate owned. The Pascal Mage is
      > support cruiser with an entirely female crew, all the major
      fetishes
      > accounted for, that, because of some needed upgrades, gets a young
      > male engineer. As befits a shonen series, lots of fanservice and
      > supposed hilarity ensues.
      > For the yuri fans there is Clio, playa and babe magnet. Though she
      is
      > most likely a yuri-played-for-laughs character, there is the
      novelty
      > of her running away from a horde of admirers and jilted lovers. I
      > can't recall seeing that before, though I'm sure I imagined it
      > happening for Sei and Haruka many, many times. ;)
      > If you can stand the liberal use of the fanservice bat and the
      > obvious and trite het triangle between the captain, the engineer,
      and
      > the lead pilot this might have some potential.
      > YMMV.
      >
      > -==-
      > Serge
      > http://ximatl.blogspot.com
      > http://albikal.blogspot.com

    • Ashley
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 24, 2006
        Its strange...

        The art is rather interesting, kind of avante-garde. The art style
        reminded me of Paradise Kiss, thats what I was trying to think of while
        watching it. I dont know why they drew everyones lips so large. lol And
        who the heck bursts into song after they learn their friend got
        murdered/commited suicide? Still, the anime seems like its just in time
        for Halloween. ^_^ Im not sure why, but I kept expecting everyone to go
        to a Buddist shrine set up for the girl, like you see in other animes. hehe

        Ashley
      • Resop
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 24, 2006
          I'm just happy that I was able to find a group that put out a fansub that I
          could play. For several weeks the only copy out would break up ever 15 seconds
          and the subtitles were very distracting (playing on VLC). (That copy also kept
          a "Yuri" counter, as if anyone could possibly miss the subtext.)

          I do have some high hopes for this series, as a high fashion NYC based
          vampire-a-go-go yuri-athon.

          Craig

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 24, 2006
            >From: Resop <resop2@...>
            >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Red Garden = Bizarre
            >Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 14:38:03 -0700 (PDT)
            >
            >I do have some high hopes for this series, as a high fashion NYC based
            >vampire-a-go-go yuri-athon.

            LOL Well put! That's pretty much why I'm watching, as well. :-)

            Get today's hot entertainment gossip
            http://movies.msn.com/movies/hotgossip?icid=T002MSN03A07001