SCANS: Charm School

  • Jen
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 10, 2006
      Oh, did I find a GOOD one. ^__^

      I grabbed the collected volume 1 of CHARM SCHOOL by Elizabeth Watasin.
      A fun, light-hearted romp of girly lovin' for all ages.

      http://punistation.fuyucorp.biz/puni/Yuri/Charm/CHARM-001.jpg

      Starring a witch named Bunny (yeah, you read that right) and her
      romantic adventures. Bunny is currently gah-gah for her butch biker
      babe, a vampire mechanic named Dean... but along comes a mysterious
      faerie named "Fairer Than"... and this ain't no ordinary fairie. ^__^

      http://punistation.fuyucorp.biz/puni/Yuri/Charm/

      Of course, half the book is devoted to Bunny figuring out just what
      exactly Fairer Than is... and once she does, Things kick into high gear.

      Me, I loved it. Great art, funny story with a hint of romantic angst.
      Thoroughly entertaining, it was... and all the while staying PG-13.
      Yup, no nudity, just (non-gratuitous) kissing and loooooong, sultry
      stares.

      HIGHLY recommended!

      http://www.a-girlstudio.com/docs/charmschool.html

      Kisses XXOOXX
      Jen
    • chai
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 10, 2006
        Sugoicon in Cincinnati, OH on Halloween weekend needs a yuri panel!  If you'd like to host, please e-mail me at teachai@... (or just reply here).  Hosting a panel gets you a free weekend pass!  You also get a free co-host if you'd like, as I've been asked by a friend to do the panel but I'm too much of a newb to the genre to be the main host.

        Anywho, let me know!
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 10, 2006
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, chai <teachai@...> wrote:

          > Sugoicon in Cincinnati, OH on Halloween weekend needs a yuri panel! If
          > you'd like to host, please e-mail me at teachai@... (or just reply
          > here). Hosting a panel gets you a free weekend pass! You also get a
          > free co-host if you'd like, as I've been asked by a friend to do the
          > panel but I'm too much of a newb to the genre to be the main host.
          >
          > Anywho, let me know!

          If no one steps up (and of course I hope someone will) don't be afraid
          to take the panel on your own. Use the info from the Yuricon Esssays
          for background and feel free to ask us stuff here. I'll even help you
          out with some suggestions for structuring a panel if you'd like. But
          do it, don't run from success. :-) Let me know if you want any Yuricon
          promo materials, and tell me when it's scheduled for, so I can get it
          up on the Yuricon Events page. (This goes for every and any other
          event with a yuri panel - let me know!)

          And...best of luck to you! :-)

        • Jen
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2007
            Found myself sick in bed alone recently; nothing to do but pray for a
            quick death that would not come, spared only by neat delusions ("I
            know why cats knead you! They're pushing back in the dreams!").

            In the post-sickness (lucid but cannot walk straight yet) period, I
            found the time to re-read some old favourites.

            CHARM SCHOOL, by Elizabeth Watasin. Still *highly* recommended.

            Kisses XXOOXX
            Jen

            --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <puni@...> wrote:

            > Oh, did I find a GOOD one. ^__^
            >
            > I grabbed the collected volume 1 of CHARM SCHOOL by Elizabeth
            Watasin. A fun, light-hearted romp of girly lovin' for all ages.

            > http://punistation.fuyucorp.biz/puni/Yuri/Charm/CHARM-001.jpg
            >
            > Starring a witch named Bunny (yeah, you read that right) and her
            romantic adventures. Bunny is currently gah-gah for her butch biker
            babe, a vampire mechanic named Dean... but along comes a mysterious
            faerie named "Fairer Than"... and this ain't no ordinary fairie. ^__^

            > http://punistation.fuyucorp.biz/puni/Yuri/Charm/
            >
            > Of course, half the book is devoted to Bunny figuring out just what
            exactly Fairer Than is... and once she does, Things kick into high gear.

            Me, I loved it. Great art, funny story with a hint of romantic angst.
            Thoroughly entertaining... and all the while staying PG-13. Yup, no