Re: [Yuricon] Sukeban Deka Codename=Asamiya Saki website

  • Laura Sepulveda
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2006
      I remember this work as an OVA. Here's the PV: http://youtube.com/watch?v=IcUJlLcW8FA and here's the trailer from a Japanese news http://youtube.com/watch?v=H-rBw3uyy2U

      Laura Sama.

      atheniag <anilesbocon01@...> wrote:
      As many of you know, I am in love with the holy triumvirate of
      "girl-gang" manga series: Hana no Asuka-gumi, YajiKita Gakuen
      Douchuuki and Sukeban Deka.

      All feature powerful female characters who beat the crap out of
      everyone around then, all feature same-sex love interests from time to
      time and all involve incredibly silly and complex gang scenarios.

      Asuka and YajiKita have been revived as new manga series (or more
      properly, been continued from where they left off almost two decades
      ago), but because of the way Sukeban Deka ended that was not possible.
      BUT, because there's so much renewed interest in these classic series,
      a new Sukeban Deka movie has been made.

      (For those of you who are completely unfamiliar with Sukeban Deka,
      please feel free to read my review of the series on Okazu:
      http://okazu. blogspot. com/2004/ 03/yuri-manga- sukeban-deka. html)

      I also briefly touch on the anime in that review which, although only
      a two-episode OVA is well worth watching and has some lovely yuri
      subtext:
      http://www.amazon. com/gp/explorer/ B000087F31/ 2/ref=pd_ lpo_ase/102- 2010843-0817729?

      Which brings me (at last!) to the point of this post:
      http://www.sukeban. jp/ This is the new movie website, complete with
      yo-yo action trailer.

      I sincerely hope to be able to see this soon. Saki's a great lead
      character.