(OT) Downloading Question

  • Andi, Andi Spring, Spring
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 2, 2006

      I was wondering if you all thought it was safe enough to download from lililicious. I'm currently living on campus at my college, so I was wondering what you all thought.

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Ellen Kuhfeld
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 2, 2006
        I've done a lot of downloading from Lilicious, and never had a bit of trouble. Mind you, I DO keep my virus, firewall, and adware protection up to date.

        Ellen Rose

         I was wondering if you all thought it was safe enough to download from lililicious. I'm currently living on campus at my college, so I was wondering what you all thought.

      • Resop
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 2, 2006
          Nope. I downloaded some stuff from lililicious and became addicted to yuri!

          Craig

          (of course it is safe)

          --- "Andi, Andi Spring, Spring" <endlessdreamer13@...> wrote:

          > I was wondering if you all thought it was safe enough to download from
          > lililicious. I'm currently living on campus at my college, so I was wondering
          > what you all thought.

        • Erin Subramanian
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 3, 2006
            Andi, Andi Spring, Spring wrote:
            > I was wondering if you all thought it was safe enough to download from
            > lililicious. I'm currently living on campus at my college, so I was
            > wondering what you all thought.

            You can trust the files from Lililicious. Multiple people check over
            these files before they go up on the site, so if there were a virus
            (which is highly unlikely in and of itself), someone would catch it
            before it went up, and we're not into pranking-- we don't even do an
            April Fool's Day gag.
            Now, if you're asking if they're safe in terms of not sending you on an
            emotional roller coaster, I'm going to have to say no. ;)

            Erin
          • Andi, Andi Spring, Spring
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 3, 2006
              I'm just afraid I'll get caught downloading by the school. I've downloaded them at home, so I know they're safe, but I don't know if it's safe to download them because I'm on my school's internet connection.

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 3, 2006
                I don't think Lilicious would be a problem - their files are on the order of 5-10 MB and none of them say MP3 anywhere (which the school might fuss over).

                Now if you started trying to use bit-torrent and download anime, you could get in trouble. But I think Lilicious is providing small enough files to fly under their radar.

                Ellen Rose

                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 3, 2006
                  >From: "Andi, Andi Spring, Spring" <endlessdreamer13@...>
                  >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: RE: [Yuricon] (OT) Downloading Question
                  >Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 10:07:55 -0700 (PDT)
                  >
                  >I'm just afraid I'll get caught downloading by the school. I've downloaded
                  >them at home, so I know they're safe, but I don't know if it's safe to
                  >download them because I'm on my school's internet connection.

                  If you're concerned about downloading at school then it stands to reason
                  that you shouldn't.