Re: [Yuricon] Re: Save the Date! Yuricon's 2007 "Yurisai" is exactly one year from today

  • "Buff" Joe Wagner
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2006
      Addendum: Is there any chance the event could be stretched into more than one day?  Traveling all day Friday to a Saturday event and then all day Sunday back is no picnic.  It almost constitutes a waste of money with today's travel expenses.

      Will it ever be held in Australia?

      --

      "Pray that when you arise from the darkness it will not be as a revengeful horsemen of the apocalypse, but as an avenging angel..." ~The Old Abbey, La Comte de Monte Cristo
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2006
        --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "\"Buff\" Joe Wagner" <senbei@...>
        wrote:

        > Addendum: Is there any chance the event could be stretched into
        more than
        > one day? Traveling all day Friday to a Saturday event and then all
        day
        > Sunday back is no picnic. It almost constitutes a waste of money
        with
        > today's travel expenses.

        >From: "\"Buff\" Joe Wagner" <senbei@...>
        >To: Yuricon@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [Yuricon] Re: Save the Date! Yuricon's 2007 "Yurisai"
        is exactly one year from today
        >Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 10:08:07 -0400
        >
        >Addendum: Is there any chance the event could be stretched into more
        >than
        >one day? Traveling all day Friday to a Saturday event and then all
        >day
        >Sunday back is no picnic. It almost constitutes a waste of money
        >with
        >today's travel expenses.

        Hi there -

        Not for 2007. There's a lot of reasons why we're doing it as a one-
        day event, but primarily we're attempting to recreate the feel of
        2005's Tokyo event, which was also one-day. (If you think you've got
        a long way to go, just think of the dozen or so people who came to
        Tokyo with us for that event!)

        There's a possibility that we will one day run a longer event, but
        for now, this is the way we're doing it. :-)

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2006
          --- In Yuricon@yahoogroups.com, "dark_kamui2003" <dark_kamui2003@...>
          wrote:

          > Will it ever be held in Australia?

          I can't answer that precisely because no one ever knows what the
          future will hold, but it's a pretty fair bet that unless someone who
          lives there is willing to set up all the details and invite me out,
          no.

          I (an a large portion of the YC staff) live on the east coast of the
          US, so it makes sense that that's where Yuricon is Headquartered. I
          and the Yuricon staff *do* travel to other events and we will hold
          Yuri Panels in other locations. But there's pretty much no way I can
          hold hotel negotiations and set up a con 1/2way around the world from
          where I'm located unless there's someone there acting as my agent.
          (The organizer of Yuricon '05 was Rica Takashima. There would have
          been no YC '05 in Tokyo without her.)

          This goes for everywhere - if you want a yuri event on the west coast
          of the US, or in Europe, or Australia, DON'T WAIT FOR ME to do it for
          you! Just go ahead and set one up on your own. It's not "Yuricon" but
          it'll be "Yuri West" or "Yuri UK" or whatever you name it.

          Then let me know about it, and I'll gladly list it on our "Events"
          page, which currently has a Yuri/Yaoi event in Germany and a con in
          Poland with strong yuri content.

          Add me to the Guest list and I'll see what I can do about getting
          there. :-)